Glass/Isaac does this makes sense?

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 511
Isaac/Glass I was talking to you guys not that long ago about the voltage drop in my car.(if you rememeber). I said that my lights only dimmed when the bass hit a quick note. Well since then I added another smaller JBL amp(75x2 wrms) for some speakers in the car. So now, even when my car is idling, just sitting in my driveway, it doesn't seem to make my lights dim anymore! Is there some possible way that by adding that amp it made the voltage more stable or something? I will test it out tonight also, becuase it is easier to see my lights dim at night. :-) I could just be crazy!! :P

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3211
No, it doesn't really make much sense.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 513
I know Joe, I'M NUTS I GUESS!! :P

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3640
Best way to test is via DMM. Monitor the voltage.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 514
Yeah I forgot to post that. I am borrowing a DMM from a friend this weekend, when I get it ill let ya know! I'm probably dipping down into the 10v range for all know, cuz I'M NUTS!!!! :-) Sorry, I just feel a little crazy today!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8385
just theorizing, the 4 channel amp gave more power to the door speakers, which made the system seem brighter and louder since you hear the vocals much more clearly at lower volumes.
end result, lower volume means less total power used, and less voltage drop, even though it seems louder.
this is due to subs needing a lot more power than components to move that driver mass at low frequency, but when the whole system is well balanced, you don't need as much bass for the system to sound "right."

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 419
Lol. That's what I thought. For a second I was really wondering. But if you're voltage drops too much, upgrade the electrical system man.

And Glasswolf: I about have the visual peices of the Camaro sanded, then I'll start pulling the panels off. And I'm working on getting a 1997 Jeep Cherokee Sport. It's EXACTLY what I want. So my system will be complete sooner than I thought... :D

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8390
sweeeeeet
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us