Help me get an Good A AMP "Pics"

Username: Soltex

Post Number: 9
Just got me some 2 12' 1800 Watts 700RMS Woofer. Wana know which amp would be good with the setup. Budget about 200 Dollars. To many choices. Any good ones??

Upload
Upload

Post Number: 10
BTW they are 2ohms

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8340
for $200 you could pick up a hifonics brutus 1500 amp I believe.
that'd be all you need for those subs
the amp is 1 ohm stable as well

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
OK thanks. I will go with that. Also what kind of capacitor would i need any good ones you recommend, and would 8gaug AMP wiring kit work.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8369
you'll need at least 4AWG, and capacitors aren't going to do anything for you.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 510
No, you need a 4-gauge kit atleast, for sure. A cap won't do much for you, don't waste your money. With a system pulling that much power, you are possibly going to need a High Output Alternator.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Ohhh damm screw that. I dont wana spend any more money. Well tell me a amp that wont need a goddamm alternater. Very low on budget. Just want a decent sound system. Dont wana be changing no alternater and stuff. I bought these subs for 50 bucks and thought i could put a good system.

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 311
just get that hifonics, it's your best possible bet without stiking lucky on a nice used amp... set it all up and see how it goes, a cap isn't gonna do anything like both isaac and glass said, and if you need a new alternator down the road, so be it

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
So your saying that i wont need a capacitor. I drive a 1995 Montero Sports. I mean i can buy a lower wattage amp. It would still power the subs.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 234
INAM, I have a Hifonics brutus 1500 I am selling on ebay next week, if you want it I'm selling in without the bass cord, I have the bass remote for it, but the wire got misplaced. The amp itself works just fine, and I'm not asking alot for it. Probally around $140 without shipping, you will not find one for that I don't think! You can email me at jaackdeth@yahoo.com if interested.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
Why are you selling the amp, something wrong with it. Also did your car need another alternater. Or did it just work fine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us