STOP THE SOUND

Bronze Member
Username: Raffy

Wisconsin dells, Wisconsin Usa

Post Number: 23
I just wanted to know if anyone knew the problem my amp always makes a loud noise squeeky noise what the hell is it

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 473
check your wiring...heard that running your power cable and rca cables together will cause interference as well

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1427
For those worried about running rca's next to power wires read what Richard Clark has to say on the subject(copy/paste link to address line):

http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_CGI/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=022690

Although the theory is sound its not really an issue. As current draw increases so does acoustic output. In other words whenever there's enough current in a power wire to induce noise there's also so much volume coming from your speakers that the added noise is inaudible.

When solving a noise problem the last thing I'd worry about is separating rca's from power wiring. The problem almost certainly lies somewhere else.

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 796
fishy...

I'm gonna have to go against you on this one buddy. I know for a fact that having and RCA too close to a power wire will create a noise issue.

In fact, i can take my RCA and move it closer to my power wire and audible noise will start comming from my speakers as it gets closer. But it has to be ~3" from the power wire before any noise becomes audible.

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1432
Yeah I guess if your amp(s) draws a good deal of current at idle it'd be possible. Maybe RC isn't ALWAYS right, but what he says does make sense.

-Fishy

Gold Member

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1433
I reread that thread again and marshall, if what you say is true you stand to make a good chunk of change.

Check out RC's last post:

31---i've thrashed this subject to death and really don't care to cover old ground--------its never RCA's too close to power wires and its never "ground loops"----------believe it or not--------myths are created when folks don't understand science and audio is full of em---------thats where sea monsters, Greek gods, etc came from---pure ignorance..........my bet still stands...........RC

I'd get in touch with the guy. RC offers 10 grand for a lot of his challenges.

:-)

-Fishy

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Connecticut US

Post Number: 226
I run both my rca's right with my 0 guage power wire and no noises come out, im running 3 amps also and still no problems
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us