Buy subs, or the combo

WC
Unregistered guest
I am thinking of buying some Kicker CompVR 12' 2 ohm DVC subs, then I was searching the net and found that Kicker makes a sub and box combo (the DCVR12) with these subs in a ported box, but I think only come in 4 ohm DVC. It costs $400, MY QUESTION, should I buy this combo, or just buy the subs seperate?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 462
it would be cheaper if you just bought the subs off ebay seperately then make your own box...at the least youll save about $150

WC
Unregistered guest
Actually, I can get those 2 VR's for almost $200 for 2 of them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
yea..then use like 50 bucks to buy you some wood and make your own box

WC
Unregistered guest
Here is the problem, the reason I wanted to buy that combo is because the box is ported, I dont know how to make a ported box, I dont know where the port should go, or how round the port should be, thing like that.

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
o....well if you have the money for the sub/box combo then go ahead and buy it

Chingy
Unregistered guest
easier if u build a sealed box WC. Anybody got any idea the recommended (not minimum) internal volume for the CVR12? And what freq. would it be hitting?

Ported box are harder to build unless u have a degree in Carpentry. hehe

WC
Unregistered guest
I am not sure if I want to buy the combo because I think it only comes on DVC 4 ohms, I need it to be 2 ohms.

Username: Jenna2

Fairbanks, AK USA

Post Number: 9
Here are 10s for $379 w/ amp/cheap wires... maybe they have 12s with the same deal.. cheap, if nothing else:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5788836695&ssPageName=MER C_VI_RSCC_Pr4_PcY_BIN_Stores

Username: Jenna2

Fairbanks, AK USA

Post Number: 10
oh, here are your 12s:

http://search.ebay.com/kicker-cvr12-amp_W0QQsojsZ1QQfromZR40

WC
Unregistered guest
Thanx for the help but I was talking about the Kicker DCVR12, if that combo does come in the 2 ohm DVC's I might get it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us