Amp wiring

Username: Mattjrocks

Hixson, TN United States

Post Number: 1
Im a newbie and need help wiring an Audiobahn A4004t 4-channel amp to power two 4 ohm subs.I know a little but Im still learning.Help me please!

Username: Memphisaudio

Suisun City, California USA

Post Number: 6
Okay Matt, a 4-channel amp is not what you should be using for 2 subs seeing as how the majority if not all 4-channel amps are Class AB amps. Class AB amps are for the mids and highs. You should get a Memphis MCD1000 amp. It is a Class D amp(subwoofer only amp) that puts out 300w x 1 at 4ohms, 600w x 1 at 2 ohms, and 1100w x 1 at 1 ohm. The Frequency Response is 10Hz-650Hz. The way to run the wiring for 2 subs with 1 Class D amps is you run one positive and one negative wire from the amp to one of the subs. Then you split another wire long enough to reach around to the other pos/neg terminals on that 1st sub. Then you run another pos/neg wire to the 2nd sub and do the same thing you did for the 1st sub. This is called parrallel or series. It allows the amp to see a 1 ohm load.

Username: Mattjrocks

Hixson, TN United States

Post Number: 2
Wow, thanks.So I should sell this amp and get a mono amp.But don't mono amps have more distortion?And why not just get a 2-channel amp?I'm not going so much for block-pounding bass, more like a good live sound.I listen to a lot of metal.Thanks again!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us