New Amp?

Anonymous

With the New Alpine Type R's 10 ins what AMP should I get... Just thro some out there for me... thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 97
how many you have ?

Anonymous

goin 2 have 2 tens

Anonymous

^^

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 403
depending on what ohm thye are....JBL GTO 1200.1 Kicker KX1200.1 Orion 1200D MTX THUNDER 1500D
all those are in different price ranges but will all work fine

Bronze Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 98
do you have a price range but anyways here some of my preferences
IMO i would use a mono amp here are some:
Alpine MRD-M605
JBL GTO 601.1II

These should do it, they are a little pricey to me but if you have type r's you should treat em right and there are a lot of better ones out there so look around, but you got cool subs
Good luck

Bronze Member
Username: Drew75

Carrollton, Ga

Post Number: 19
Thank... With a Mono(This works with 2 Subs?) Alpine M605 would that push the 10in subs good?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 412
no that alpine would be underpowering those subs since they are the 05 version they take 500rms each...if you went alpine then it would be the M1005(or somethign like that)

Bronze Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 100
sorry i missed that they were the new ones, yea what quick said. And yes the mono will work with the 2 subs. They are meant to drive subs.

KangarooJack
Unregistered guest
i love the the Alpine MRD-M1005. Space efficient and very very reliable. One will power that 2x 10" Type R's effortlessly.

Also if you r thinking of upgrading in dah future, sell those Type R's, get 2 x 12" Type X, keep ya existing M1005 and buy another one (M1005). Yep 1 amp to power each Type X. KUUWAAHH!!!! Just make sure your enclosure is 1" thick and braced to the max coz' this sub & amp combo will have all the cops at ya tail. hehe

Username: Turboteg

Longmont, CO US

Post Number: 1
Im selling my alpine m1005 i bought it for a project thats not going to get completed. This amp is awsome i have it my other car running two type r 1222d. reason for selling is i lost my job in car audio and really need the money. the amp was in a glass display at my work and was never hooked up. $300+ shipping thats my cost
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us