Lanzar OPTI1400D

Username: Dtresatti2005

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 1
First of all i was wondering if a Lanzar OPTI1400D mono block is a good amp to buy is it worth the $239? Second i was wondering if this would be a ok amp to run two Alpine SWR-1242D 12" Type-R will this amp put out enough wattage to power these subs to make them sound clean and hit hard?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 356
no stay away from lanzar they are just a slight step above sony/legacy/pyle...that amp us really overrated...and thats expensive for that piece of sh!t...for about that smae price you can find a MTX or JBL amp that will work good...are your amp dual voice coil and are they 300rms or 500rms

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 2
Ok ty i was gonna order that too wat amp do you think would be good to run the type r 2005 model dual voice coil.. and where can i find the amp at?

Silver Member

Post Number: 359
are those dual 2ohm or dual4ohm

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 3
they are dual 4 ohm im pretty sure and what would be a good amp to make them hit hard and clean im running two and i just fried my amp that i had.

Silver Member

Post Number: 360
go to ebay and look for amps like JBL GTO1201.1 and MTX 942 those willg et the job done without wasting all your money

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 4
also should they be in a ported box or a sealed box which do u think would give them the best quality

Silver Member

Post Number: 361
ported will make them louder but if you dont do it correctly they wont sound as good

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 5
oo ok so go for a old mtx amp and how many watss mono should i look for

Silver Member

Post Number: 362
damn thats my problem ive never been good at figuring out ohm load..look for a JBL,Kicker,or MTX that puts out 800-1000 rms at 1ohm....400-500rms at 2ohms X 2..or a 2channel amp that puts out 800-1000rms at 4ohms bridged

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 6
i looked at the mtx and i like that amp so im gonna go with your word and get that amp u said it will power these subs fine and make them hit hard?

Silver Member

Post Number: 364
yea..which mtx amp are you looking at? because i have the 942 and its a nice amp

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 7
the MTX 942 so it will run these subs good and make them hit hard i want people to hear me comming lol..:-)

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 8
i dont have a ebay account or i would look on there i found one for $254 is that a good price or do u have some place better to go

Silver Member

Post Number: 366
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5790304417&category=39735 %26
same guy i bought mine from your not going to find a better price than that

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 9
It says that it is used do you think that is ok or buy a brand new one?

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
im telling you i bought the same amp from him hes legit the amp is like new....you can buy a new one but youll spend about 50 bucks more at least...just make sure you get 0 gauge wiring

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 10
why the 0 gauge

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
damn this is weird no one has jumped in the thread and told me "quick shot ur an idiot stfu" lol i must be doing something right...:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
because that mofo sucks alot of power..tried 8 guage sh!t sgut off all the time...4 gauge didnt work for songs with continuous bass....you need 0 gauge to supply it enough power

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 11
oo ok lol do u have it ran to a deff power source or just ur battery and is this the only amp u have runnign ur subs? What kind of subs do u have Are type r subs a good sub? lol sry so many ?s

Silver Member

Post Number: 373
well when i tested it out i ran it to the battery like any normal installs...yes thats the only amp i had running my sub when i tested it...first i tested it out on my friends 2 infinity 1232w and thye got plenty loud then i used it on my MTX 9500 and that hit hella hard until it shut off...yes those Type Rs are real good especially since you have the 05 model they sound good and get plenty loud as well(just ask Juston he thinks he has the best system ever)

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 13
lol ok ty and i hope once i get this amp and get it all hooked up ill have pictures and let u kno how hard they hit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
ight hopefully youll be able to afford 1/0 gauge wiring unlike me...my fu**ing friend is runnign around with my sh!t in his trunk bumbing it like if it was his lol

Bronze Member

Pittsburgh, Pa

Post Number: 14
yea i shoudl be able to i found a whole amp woring kit on ebay 0 gauage for 49.95 lol so its not that expensive...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us