Soundstream Reference series?

noobsystem
Unregistered guest
I just purchased a SOundstream Reference 500 off eBay and was wondering if it was a good buy? I have been reading awful things about Soundstream

It is going to power a 10" Type R in a sealed box.

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 171
Is it the blue or red? I believe one is made in Korea!

noobsystem
Unregistered guest
Blue

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 173
I think that's the one in Korea, I wanted myself to get one, but didn't hear good things, but hey, it may work out ok for ya.

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 174
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/147058.html

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 218
i heard that the korea made ones are actually pretty good. Well, atleast better than the chinese made amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Audioguy22

Post Number: 62
I dont know a whole lot about the older SS but I thought those were made in the USA. It should say made/handcrafted in the USA on the
amp. The ones I've had that are Korean did not have made in anything on them but the US made ones seem the say somewhere.
I think that amp will work well for a single 12", forsure!

What sort of awful thing are folks saying?

noobsystem
Unregistered guest
It say Made in the U.S.A. in the corner.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 501
sound stream was regarded as the best by many (along w/PPI) ten years ago.
the last US made SS were the van goghs (VGA). they don't make them anymore though. i love'em. you can still find a few on ebay.

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1445
Aside from a few problems with the "s" series the SS References were awesome amps. I used to be a serious Soundstream nut. I've owned 4 of their Class A offerings and as far as I'm concerned they were some of the best sounding mid/high amps, period.

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3662
I still have a reffeence 300 in my arsonal along with a brand new refference ss12 back in the day soundstream was amazing stuff, just like mikechec said just like the old PPI (art series) amps. if its a blue refference 500 and it works thats a great amp, stable down to 1/2 ohm stereo. It has high current mode and low impedence mode make sure you have it on the right setting or you will pop fuses.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 650
I just bought a Reference 500 off of eBay myself, and I am waiting to get it hooked up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us