Need Help from the experts!!

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

United States

Post Number: 168
Ok, first off I'm not BIG time with car radio so cut me a break ok!

90 Caddy Deville
HU is an ALPINE CDA-9835
Front speakers are Rockford 4x6's
Read deck speakers are Rockford 6x9's
Amp for in car speakers is a Phoenix Gold OCTANE R5.0:4 4-Channel Amplifier

Subs in trunk are 2 12" Precision Power DCX 12 Subs
Running them is a HIFONICS BX1500D MONO AMP!

Running a stock 120 amp alternator, and 4 gauge wiring for the amps!

My question is that I need to turn the gains way up on the amps to get anything out of them. I have good grounds.

This HU puts out 4 volts for the sub, and the amp for the subs is from 9 to .2, I have to run the gain on the amp to around 1 or so to make it sound half way decent.

Should I trash the whole idea here, or any suggestions would really be appreciated. Oh! I'm not looking for the biggest and badest system out there, just want the damn thing to work right.

Oh, the subs are in a prefab ported box,(i know, i know)

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 349
are you sure that your wiring is good because that seems strange...also check the amp and subs with other equipment to make sure that its working..also that same thing happened to me a while back...the rca jacks in the back of the cd player went out and werent putting out almost no signal so if i was you i would test the amp,cd player,and subs with other equipment to make sure that their in good working order

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 169
I know it's not the HU, because it did the same thing with my Kenwood, and as far as wiring, I got the best of everything for that, I didn't cut any corners that I am aware of, and I can get the subs to pound some, just shouldn't have to crank it like that. The only thing I changed in that car was that Hifoncis amp, as I used to have a different Hifoncis 1000, and 2 12" L5 kickers in there, and had pleanty of spl, not so good on the sq, but I knew that with those subs.
When you say wiring do you mean like a bad pair or RCA's or something also, you see my system was stold once, and they took everything!! Thanks for the help

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 170
Anyone else have ideas?

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 187
bump

Anonymous

Please be more specific:
Are you getting normal output from the other speakers?
How did you wire the subs, what load are you presenting to the amp? That amp will only do 500w at 4 ohms.
That amp has a low pass crossover and a subsonic filter. Are those set correctly?

Silver Member

United States

Post Number: 194
Yes, I get normal output from the other speakers, the subs are wired parallel for 1ohm, as they are dual 4 ohm subs, so I am running them at 1 ohm at the amp, and the low pass crossover is at mid and same with subsonic levels
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us