Quad Voice Coil 0.5 Ohms.

Username: Donshiv

Post Number: 9
I have the Audiobahn Immortal 15" woofer. It's Quad 2ohm(2250 watts rms). I can hook it up to either 2ohm or 0.5ohm. The problem is I have an amp that is only stable at 1ohm 2300 watts. I want to get as much power as possible(I really don't want it at 2ohms). What can I do with this amp, and does anybody know of an amp that is 0.5 stable and costs around $300(2250 watts rms of course)? Please help. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 463
Sorry dog, but there is no possible way to get an amp that does that much power for that little of money. Try selling the amp that you have and adding to that $300, becuase you can't get the most out that amp with that sub.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 346
That much power RMS? You're talking $800+... and that's off the internet. Unless you want to go with a cheap name that SAYS they have that much RMS, but really don't come close.

Username: Jrx

Post Number: 6
I would run a search on ebay for a US Amp. They have very high quality amps that hit very hard. They have amps that are 1/4 ohm stable! I've seen them on ebay before. If you are having money problems I suppose you could go with the Boss PD-2000. It is a 1/2 ohm stable amp at 1000x2 rms so but it is also a BOSS amp :-( Here is the link of ebay Buy It Now 199.00
http://search.ebay.com/Boss-PD-2000_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8QQsatitleZBossQ20PD-2000

Post Number: 10
The amp that I have right now cost in the $300. range. A3000db(Power Acoustik). I don't want any Boss amps because those are the amps that say 2000 watts and they're like 200(lol). Is it possible for me to run the 0.5 ohm hookup for the sub on the 2300rms 1ohm stable amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 363
What put those guys out of business? I wish they were still making those, I'd definantly buy one! And a US Amp for an Audioburn sub? Seems a little radical to me...

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8162
why did you buy a quad coil sub?
it's designed for being driven with multiple amplifiers.. one per coil or per pair of coils.
you may want to buy another amp and put both on that sub to get the desired result.
that or sell or return the sub to get a DVC version

Bronze Member
Username: Dr_sharp

USA

Post Number: 63
yea you could run two coils @ 1ohm and get two 1000WRMS 1ohm stable amps.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I had a dual voice coil before and I heard it isn't healthy to put one amp to a coil. I did it anyway, it sounded good for about 4 months and then the sub finally stopped working. (Now for my Quad)Can I put two voicecoils at 1ohm and the other two at 1ohm(2 separate speaker terminals) and then join it together at the amp like this picture?Upload

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 65
wtf is that?

if i understand it correctly it is still just putting them in parallel giving you a 0.5ohm load.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
So even if you connect the two 1ohm loads at the amp it will still combine to be a 0.5ohm load?

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 342
Power Acoustik is in the same class as Boss, Legacy, Pyramid, etc.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 69
you cannot get a 1ohm load with that sub. It's either 2ohm or 0.5ohm.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Which do you recommend taking a chance with 0.5ohm or running it on 2ohms?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8188
hey here's an idea!!

ask the same question a few more times and see if you get the same answeres again!!

then continue to ignore the advice you get!!!

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 277
ha ha ha ha

Silver Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 279
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/149001.html

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 70
"Which do you recommend taking a chance with 0.5ohm or running it on 2ohms?"

yea glass has a good point. IMHO you'd be best off getting two 1ohm stable amps. The only way to know for sure is to shop around though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
SELL THE D@MN THING! It's a POS, and you'll be MUCH happier with something better, even if it's not as flashy! (just my opinion)

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 160
I have the same sub and i run it with the A2300HCT...i wired 2 coils in parallel and run it with 1 channel and the other 2 in parallel run with the other channel of the amp...that would be 1200 or 900 RMS per channel...what kinda amp do u have? I got a question, what do u use the immortal for??Just listening or competition?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us