Shiva and JBL1200.1

Anonymous

Hey yall, I have a JBL1200.1 and was wanting to get a 1 shiva for my single cab truck (only room for 1). Could I just use 1 channel of the amp, instead of getting a different amp? And if I did do that would it only draw half the amount of current? like 57amps or something.. Also the max space I have in the back is about 1.8 cubic feet.. what box should I make for this sub?

Bronze Member
Username: N2audio

Lawrence, Ks USA

Post Number: 29
That JBL only HAS one channel. It just provides you with 2 terminals in case you're hooking up multiple speaker leads. A lot of mono amps are made like that.
Hopefully your sub can be wired for a 4 ohm load - because you sure don't want to run that amp at 2 ohms on a single Shiva 12 - you'd roughly be tripling (maybe quadrupling) it's rated power. Actually 8 ohms might be your best bet if you can get it.

I would say given your available power and space constrictions a small sealed enclosure would be the way to go. I believe Adire likes the shiva best in about 1.25 cubic ft. and roughly 400w.

You might try e-mailing Adire tell them your situation. They're really good with answering questions and a lot of the time Dan himself will be the guy that responds.

Anonymous

"That JBL only HAS one channel. It just provides you with 2 terminals in case you're hooking up multiple speaker leads. A lot of mono amps are made like that" Oh yeah my bad, I knew that... but the 1200.1 runs 600W at 4 ohm. And since the Shiva is a dual 8 ohm sub it would work correct? It would be a 4 ohm load. Thanks for the info. I e-mailed adire, hopefully they will reply.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 309
yes shivas are dual 8 ohm, so you would be fine with that setup, running 600w rms to it at 4 ohms

practically a perfect matchup..

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 310
as far as box goes, i would say a 1 cubic foot box with 16 ounces of polyfill (as they say on the tech page for the shiva)

http://www.adireaudio.com/Files/ShivaTechSummary.PDF
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us