Mono Amp/Sub combo

Username: Haucks

Post Number: 6
Can I have some suggestions for a good Mono sub amp and sub for under 300-350?

Bronze Member
Username: Audiobahnman901

Post Number: 13
www.caraudiodeals.com

xdrummer03
Unregistered guest
2 P212S4 fosgates and a P3001 fosgate.Looking about 400-450.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1561
CrossFire VR1000D on ebay

Username: Brynm

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 6
Recently picked up 2-12" 1230W's(300W RMS) and a Rockford P3001 (150W into 4 ohm/300W into 2ohm) off ebay. I paid about $50 Each sub and about 120 for the amp, had a sealed box built for 100. It's shaking the rust off my truck with a total cost of about 320

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 7
forgot to mention subs are Infinity ref. series

Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 3
You need a bigger amp. Your basically powering them half way. That amp is really only strong enough for one of those.

Anonymous

if i have 2 dual 4 ohm voice coil subs rated at 1000rms for each sub and i wire them so the amp sees it as a 1 ohm load and the amp is rated at 1000x1 at 1 ohm, is each sub getting 1000 watts each?

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 9
yeah but it sounds pretty good till I can afford or find a P6001 for a decent price, to anonymous each sub will see 500 watts, if you take the power output and divide by the number of subsyou'd get what each sub is seeing example if it was a 1000w amp into 4 svc 4 ohm subs each would get 250w at 1ohm total load

Username: Xdrummer03

Tenessee

Post Number: 7
Bryan ,you might want to get that amp or a more powerful one soon. If not you will be replacing the amp,but more than likely the subs.

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 382
Hi im Quick Shot lol

Anonymous

yo Bryn, does your sys. THUMP? Coz' i think ya system power is similar to mine and i seem to be getting more low bass notes than i'm with Hard Thump.
Most say it's underpowered with 200RMS (from the amp)into a 400RMS sub.

Need some1 whom i can borrow a 1000rms x 1 @2ohm amp to fully justify my next purchase of a higher powerd amp. Need to rob a bank or help oldies across the road or lugging their groceries to their cars to earn an extra buck or 2.

i'll be so flat broke this yr. Hi Quick Shot

Bronze Member

Prince Albert, SK Canada

Post Number: 11
well, so far i'vs tried a few sub tests I got from limewire and so far it's hitting hard. with music I don't crank it very often and as it is I only have gain about 3/4 up and go to about half on my HU. Amp doesn't even change temp after 1 hour of music with decent bass. with the sub tests even at these kinds of settings it gets hard to breathe on my little nissan truck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us