Rockford Fosgate 1001bd Impedance. Need Help!!!!

Username: Kyle_allen

Post Number: 6
Okay here is the deal I initially purchased this amp with plans to use it on my solobaric L7's (2)...i know they suck for sq, but hey they were free.( I plan to replace them shortly). Anyway, I wanted a setup for my mustang similar to this from crutchfield.
http://www.crutchfieldadvisor.com/reviews/mustang_custom.html?print=1&page=all
Since I already had the L7's. Well if the amp is supposed to power the subs with 500W each like the crutchfield car, then it would lower the impedance of my amp to 1 ohm. However, I have seen several places that list the amp at only 2 ohm stable. Here is the kicker, Rockfords website lists both impedance as stable on different pages. One page showed the 2 ohm with 750 and the 1 ohm with 1000, not the way they show it in the owners manual at 2 ohm at 1000w. If the cruchfield guy did it then I would assume it would be okay to wire it at 1 ohm. I need to know because if it will cause problems then I need a larger amp. Let me know what you guys think. thanks,
Kyle

Username: Infinity_addict

Santa Rosa, California USA

Post Number: 10
heres whats up. you got two options for load when yer talkin bout two dual 4ohm subs. 1ohm load, or 4 ohm load. you'll be wiring it at 1 ohm. the reason that crutchfield article is so misleading is because they linked to the 2003 model of that RF amp. the 2003 model puts out 1000w @ 2 ohms. the 2004 model puts out 1000w @ 1 ohm. yer gunna want the 2004 model of this amp. also, the 2004 model is titled the power T10001 bd. 2003 is T1001 bd. just so you yourself don't get confused.

This is the 2004 model. Click on "compare previos model" to the right of the amp's title and you'll see it next to the 2003 version.

Post Number: 7
If you look at the picture he has and the comments it shows that it is the 2003 model, not the 2004. They look totally different. I went off of rockford website for the specs. Thanks for the input though. Any advice is appreciated.

Post Number: 8
bump

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2569
The 1001BD is only 2 ohm stable. The T10001BD is 1 ohm stable.
I wouldn't recomend going to 1 ohms with the 1001BD, more than likely it will over heat.
I'd go with the T10001BD, 1 ohm stable, not real expencive, and a better amp.
You're subs are 4 ohm dvc right?

Post Number: 9
Yeah 4 ohm dvc. Why would the crutchfield installer use the amp at 1 ohm for his subs then. Look at the link above for what i'm talking about. I would think the guy wouldn't try and fry his amp, so I don't know what he ws thinking if that is the case.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us