How to hook up 2 amps for subs and a capactior

Username: Redliner

Post Number: 3
i have 2 thunder 7500 subs and have a 800 watt 1 channel amp and a 500 watt 2 channel amp and a capacitor and want to hook them up but am not really sure how i have the distributor block and the fuses for them 2 seperate grounds and a 4 gauge power wire running back but i need simple instructions on how to run these please help me out in simple terms like this wire goes there

ihaveasystem2
Unregistered guest
First you run your power wire to the cap and from the cap to the d block you come off the d block to the amps you can ground the amps at the same ground area but your cap has to be somewhere elce then you can run the remote wire to one amp and from there to the outher then get 2 ys for your rcas and run an amp on seprate channels!!

Post Number: 7
i dont understand what you have to do with the rcas wat do you do i got the rest of it just those i have two already running to one amp but wat do i have to do fo rthe other one

Anonymous12343
Unregistered guest
Here is how you do it. Im going to try to explain this as clear and simple as I possibly can. You have your main power wire, 4 gauge most likely, you run that to the cap. From there you continue the power wire to the distribution block. From the D block you run the other power wires you have to each of the amps. For the RCA cables, buy Y splitters. You will need two of them. Run the RCA cable that came with your amp kit from your head unit to the trunk of your car, or wherever your amps are going to be. Attach one splitter to one of the jacks, turning into two, and attach the other splitter to the other jack, turning that into two. Then just connect them to the amps in the RCA spots.

Post Number: 10
i heard today that it is impossible 2 hook up the 2 amps i have because they dont have a phase something and the subs i have are 2 dual 4 ohm and they said you have to have a single 4 ohm thign wateva is this true

ihaveasystem2
Unregistered guest
na if you have a single rca input to run the amp on then you get the y splitters and you can hook 1 amp from one channel and anouther from the 2nd channel

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
so how do i hook up the wires going from the amp to the subs

Bronze Member
Username: Ihaveasystem2

Post Number: 16
Sorry getting back soo late but what amp are you gunna use to run the thunder 7500 subs well if you are gunna run both of them then you know you have to mono block the 1 channel amp then you make sure that you can mono block the second if so do so then you eaqul the cross out and sorry man you can hook the single rca to the 1 channel amp I thought you said 2 two channel amps
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us