Sony used on Mtv's p!mp my ride U ALL !!!

Bronze Member
Username: Rovin

Post Number: 17
Its a wonda nobody started a thread & da comments r not jamming up this site ...

Yeah it happen on this Sunday's show - 5 pentagon Sony subs & a whopping 7 amps they put in bed of o truck . Musta been da loudest thing on da west coast , DUDE ! . Somebody tell em 2 get it decibel tested 4 us 2 know !!! - every1 here might learn a thing or 3 ! .....

1 day we might see a KLLER slamming system of BOSS , PYRAMID , LANZAR , PYLE , POWER ACOUSTIK on their show man .

U guys notice how they never show engine compartment ??? & if u observe sloppy upholstering job too ??? I know d owners get it free but come on !

A few of d cars r done in really stupid/odd tastes but we know d owners ain't complaning ....

LET DA COMMENTS POUR IN !!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 442
Yeah, I saw that episode. The rest of the truck bed was pretty cool, but the Sony subs made it look just retarded! If you watch that show alot, you will notice that they usually use pretty crappy subs and amps. I have also wondered what they do with the engine.... I have only seen one episode where they actually showed them fixing the engine simply becuase it would barely run, so they pretty much had to. And some of the things they do to the cars are pretty dumb, like one time they put a juice bar in the back of a pacer! It looked just rediculus!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7981
a few of the cars? the only one I saw that didn't make me want to vomit immediately was that 57 chevy bel air they did.. and even that had some serious tackiness issues.. a lot like the spelling in the message above.

really though, the cars do leave better than they came in.. but look at the guys who're working on them, too. I'd be looking for a gun if I saw half of them near my car in a parking lot.
The only guy on TV I'd let near a car of mine is probably Chip Foose.
the rest are pretty scary blokes.

I did noticee the abundance of sony gear though but I'm sure a lot of it is given to them to use as promotional gear.. they get it free of for next to nothing so they use it as a promo consideration. I doubt they use much of that crap in real paying customers' cars. Look at the banners hanging in their shop. They do use decent gear sometimes it appears.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Sorry about my spelling . I'm not a 'ghetto' person - completely opposite actually . I was just trying to save space & time using abbreviations . Will write from now onwards in normal perfect English like i normally do ....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
You have to admit though that the show is very interesting because we all tune in every week to see what new crappy ride to be fixed up & look forward to the ending to see how it'll turn out ...

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8015
only due to TiVo.. I have it set to record a load of car shows between that, speed channel, history channel, and discovery lol I use some to get ideas for my car when I'm toying with fabrication ideas for the body work.

thank you profusely for the spelling.. its SO much easier to read.. I can handle a few abbreviations, but the "text message" shortcuts like "hi 2 u!" make me want to vomit.. I always feel like I'm talking to a 14 yr old girl.. lol
probably why I never went into teaching

I love to see what Foose does with cars though, that man's got skills. Chop, Cut, Rebuild is looking interesting too although they skip around too fast to follow what's going on half the time, or see any real work being done.

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 198
it really pisses me off that they put crappy car audio into a car that they put like $1000 monitors onto the floor, under the floor or in the fenders where there not going to be used anyway. alot on that show is for waste but i still watch it cuz sometimes they do do something cool.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8021
what I love is seeing these wreckless 19 year olds getting these cars you can see all blinged out from 5 blocks away, so they can go home, park it in their ghetto neighborhood where people already stripped and spraypained their trashed cars. I'd love to see how many of those cars are already wrecked, stripped, stolen, vandalized, or otherwise demolished already thanks to lack of care, lack of driving skill, or lack of security and a good garage.
I saw the LCD displays in the body kit skirts on that girl's car.. how long do you think those will stay there? one night? maybe?

at least when Overhaulin' steals a car to trick it out, they take cars people already care a lot about, and usually have to get family to help gank it from a garage or something lol

The other part I like is seeing things like that chick's truck with the brakes worn to bare metal.. these f*$&ers can't even do routine upkeep on a cheap car, and now they have friggin Brembro or Baer brake kits, with $300 a piece Pirelli soft compound ZR rated tires.. You think any of those kids will be able to afford $1200 for new tires every year, and $300 for a brake job every couple of years on these cars?
They'll destroy these things just from neglect and being poor, broke bumbs before they get half a chance to wreck the cars by leaning their seats back till they can't see out of the windshild, and driving around at 80MPH on residential streets, trying to play 2fast2retarded with their S10 pickups and scion xBs.

glad I don't live near any of these Forrest Gumps.
I'd never take my Charger out on the road again if I thought I'd be sharing asphault with the likes of them.

Silver Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 117
i like p!mp my ride but i agree they do alot of stupid installs like ya said tv's n the floor and the juice bar also dont forget the o2 bar, i also really enjoy watching over haulin, that show usually does a great job over all, but by far most my favorite show is unique whips on the speed channel, they do really clean installs, but on like 4 out of 5 installs all they use is W7, all i have seen them install is JL but come on switch it up, but to add my thought to p!mp my ride using sony, the only nice subs i have ever seen installed on there was a set of power 15 from rockford, they were sweet

Anonymous

wish we have that show down here in Oz. and laugh my head off. hehe Dam..our TV station.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8033
dhh unique whips is ok. reme's installs are boring and typical. I've seen amateurs do work as good as anything showcased on that program for an audio system though. It's really not that impressive. he's good, just not very creative.
All they seem to carry is alpine and JL, which is fine since both are good and both together cover the whole system pretty much for gear. I suppose that makes it easier too, in that you don't have a lot of indecision about what to use for customers.
sort of like walking into a high end car dealer.. they usually only have a few brands and models to choose from so as not to overwhelm buyers.

just not that impressed with Unique. I've seen much better work from other customizers and fabricators, and a lot less drama BS in the shop.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3552
Glasswolf do you watch OCC? It is a very cool bike building show.
If you like high drama and great looking bikes, watch it.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8039
once in a ehile, yeah.. at least the teutels are good natured and amusing.. they do build nice bikes as well. While I'm not a huge chopper fan because the bikes are awkward to steer and handle poorly, they do look mean and aggressive.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 31
So we're talking about TV shows now - No problem , here's my 2 cents ....

1) Rides - awesome show

2) Overhaulin - good end result , BUT i CAN'T stand the woman host who doesn't do much & is REALLY annoying . Once in a while she would use her hands for 2 minutes in front of the camera . Foose is good but i found he screwed out a Chevy S10 i think with some stupid star graphics & made the truck higher than it already is & the owner is already a short woman . I usually watch the beginning to see what car switch channels & come back to see the end result.

3)American Chopper - very good , but some of the bikes with too high a gas tank & mainbar like the Dad likes to do just plain looks dumb . I like their work mostly & the cussing !

4)American Hotrod - Awesome rides . Sad epidode when Charlie left eh ! , Bluebear was an a$$ too the way he operated . Very colorful characters like Roy , nice language !

5)Pinks - new show = crap . Owners are totally screwed over by ignorant host but they are already dumb to race & possibly lose your ride .

6)Unique - Very Good , you get to see how 'the big dogs do it' . Drop your car over & tell them to fix it up whatever how . If you notice in a few episodes the guy has a palette full of JL/Alpine stuff - like they buy it by truckload to get discounts . Makes life easy using just 2 good brands . Looks like they do good work or the stars won't go by them .

7)P!mp my ride - made just for entertainment purposes ONLY . in a recent show Jenson coax used in that Pacer - how many pounds of rat sh!t wa in that car along with the rat . Xzibit must be credited (& well paid) for sitting in such crap rides . Mad Mike should be called 'stupid/retard Mike' sometimes when he puts monitors underneath & exterior , coffe maker & other stuff can be called creative ...

8)Monster garage = TOTAL CRAP , take an almost new vehicle sometimes & put tree/leave shredder & a firetruck ladder & hose in another - TOTAL CRAP !!!

9)Build or bust - so so . Contenders STUPID trying to 'soup things up too much' in that time like make new gas tank & put spoke rims . At the same time camera guy screws with them mentally ...

10)Tuner Transformation - good improvements otherwise but graphics guy totally messes up a good thing !

A few more shows have recently came out but haven't looked at them all as yet .........

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 75
lol it was a sad episode when charlie left but that bluebear i think he started doing drugs cuz he looked nothing like he did when i started watching the show when it first came out. his eyes looked all black and he looked all weird he started to get more agressive nothing like before.

Gold Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 8045
don't really like american hotrod. they take far too long to complete a car, and Boyd is a verified jerkoff.. I've known people like him, and bought my Charger from a guy who used to deliver parts to him. He's a real a$$ who occasionally tries to act nice to his staff as a kiss up measure so he feels better about himself. I'm not that impressed with the vehicles they ususally turn out either, but I don't think 32 T buckets are as hard to build as they like to make it look. Roy is a riot though. I like that guy.

Tuner Trans is entertaining.. most of the cars suck even after the work, but hey, that's an import for ya. no torque, all-RPM BHP ratings, and mediocre performance even after all the work.
That Audi A4 they did on the special turned out alright but the kid seemed a bit retarded.
the funny thing is they outsource half the work they do, or more.. I'm not sure those three guys on that show even know how to pick up a wrench to be honest. oh boy, one of em can mount a rim on a car.
My mom can do that.

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 77
lol roy is the sh!t hes always fliping out cursing and stuff its funny. Boyd is an @ss thats why all the workers at the shop dont respect him and never listen to him. lol that's why boyd is always saying listen to me for once! and nobody cares. I wish Bluebear would of knocked his old @ss out when he got fired. The only car that i really liked was the mustang shelby i forgot what year it was. But they f8cked it up by painting it yellow. but it still looked allright.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us