Does someone know how to drop my system to 2 ohms

Ihaveasystem2
Unregistered guest
I appreciate anyone who can help me, I have a clearion 1500x searies amp, 2 Audiobahn Awc12t dvc 1000 watt speakers, a Pioneer radio, a Boss Cap, a Deep box, and a punch distribution block. Please tell me how to drop this system to 2 ohms, if this amp wont do it will a Lanzar vibe 1000 watt amp do it???

Treo?Kicker?
Unregistered guest
Ok you connect all of the positives to one wire then connect all of the negatives on one wire. Wait let me explain it better. Get a 12gauge wire, connect it to one of your positives on one of your voice coils, then take the same wire and conncet it to the other positive on your subs. Do the same thing for your negative voice coils also. That will bring that 1 sub to 2 ohms. The same goes for your other sub hook it up the same way. Then from there just run your positive and negative wires to your amp like you want. I hope i explained so you can understand if not just post again i will put it clearer

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 64
it's not about the amp. Clarion Xtreme 1500x capable to 2ohm and output 250watts. It's depended on your sub, to what you got is DVC 4ohm, if you have 2 of them, the only option you can wire is 1ohm, 4ohm or 16ohm. You can not wire 2 DVC 4ohm to ouput 2ohm (it's impossible). You have to looking for 2 DVC 2ohm, then you can do it.

ihaveasystem2
Unregistered guest
Thankx alot people 4 helping me well how do I wire to 1 ohm and will my amp hold it and will my audiobahns hold it

Treo?Kicker?
Unregistered guest
ok first u got to get a dual voice coil sub that impedance is rated at 2 ohms then you wire it the same way that i explained it to u earlier.
all in all if you have a 4 ohm sub u can reduce her 2 ohm if you have a 2 ohm sub u can reduce her to 1 ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Winn

Santa Ana, California US

Post Number: 66
Ihaveasystem2... is it Clarion Xtreme 1500x ??

If yes, this amp does NOT load 1ohm. Do NOT put 1ohm load on this amp, you will overheat it or the amp will clip.

Anonymous

checkout rockford fosgate web site it will teach u all u need to know about wiring your subs (may it be DVC or SVC). picture is worth a thousand words.
Winn is right make sure u do not lower the impedence (ohm) below what ya amp specify. Doing so will fry ya amp & ya wallet. eeiiooww
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us