Do I need More power

Username: Rumpie_is_me

Post Number: 2
Please email me if you can help
Hi, I have Infinity Kappa 693.7i 6x9 speakers in the rear and Infinity Kappa 63.7i 6 1/2 speakers in the front and a Sony Xplod XS-L82P5 8" subwoofer in the back. I am looking to have someone install my Visionik 4 channel 1000w amp to my 4 speakers and my Visionik 2 channel 600w amp to my subwoofer, I was wondering if I could get your guyses advice. First I don't want to mess up my alternator, can you guys recommend something to me so that I don't mess up my electrical or anything, I have been looking at capacitors, if I have two amps will I need 2 caps or can I hook them both up to 1 capacitor, I'll be using a distribution block to hook up my amps together, also will a capacitor be enough to save my alternator? Second, is 1000w too much power for my 4 speakers?, right now they are powered by my JVC 200w deck and they seem to keep cutting and getting distorted once I get the volume past 35, and I want to crank them up louder than that with clarity. If you guys could help me out I would really appreciate it, thank you so much for your time

Richard Harvey
1999 Toyota Tacoma Regular Cab
RVHarvey87@hotmail.com

Username: Rumpie_is_me

Post Number: 3
Someone is already going to say it, sooo where can I buy a high end alternator for my 99 Toyota Tacoma?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3521
Richard, first of all your 200w deck is more like 15w x 4. It is very low in power and quality. That is why you hear distortion past 35.
I doubt Visionik is really 1000w either. It's not a high quality amp so don't expect a miracle. It will however sound much better than your deck.
If you ever get a chance to purchase amps like Zapco/PPI white art series or PC/PCX series, Orion HCCA series/JL/Xtant, then go ahead. It will make your Visionik sound as bad as your current deck. There are many steps to achieving sound quality. You're taking your first step by installing amps.
Sony does not make good quality car audio parts. You might want to upgrade your subs in the very near future.
As for needing more power, you WILL need HO alternator. Look through the topics in this thread under "alternators". There should be some links to try. I got mine from 4alterstart.com.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us