Amp for 2 12W7s

Username: Jrx

Post Number: 1
I was just wondering what amp would be best for 2 12 inch W7's. I want something to push about 800 rms each and wont cut out at any volume. I've looked into 2 JL 1000.1 which are nice but pricey. I would like to find something nice and only have to buy one amp instead of 2 which can push it well. Each sub is 3 ohms and if I run both together it drops it to 1.5 ohms (i think) What amp would be worth looking in to? Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2499
The RF T20001BD would power both.
But at 1.5 ohms, its only going to push about 1500 watts rms, 750 to each sub... just an idea.

Post Number: 2
I've heard that RF isn't the best of brands, I dont know how accurate this statement is. How stable would this amp be at 1.5 ohms? I do NOT want it to cut out at all i've had that problem before with my L7's and it drove me out of my mind and so I bought W7's instead :-) Just looking for a reliable, yet powerful amp. Thanks for the response.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 437
Yeah taylor is right. You are going to need something that does about 2000 wmrs @ 1 ohm. Becuase at 1.5 ohm you are going to be getting less power from your amp. I presonally wouldn't go with RF. But that is just me. Even though, if it is brand new (from this year) and it is their higher end stuff, it would be a pretty good choice. What kind of a bugdet are you on anyway?

Post Number: 3
I have about 600-700 to spend on an amp. I need something to push it to the optimum range and reliable without cutting out and stable around 1 ohm so it puts out a lot of power. Any other brands that fit these specs that you guys know of? Appreciate it

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

Burnett, WI United States

Post Number: 128
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5788804921&category=18797 %26%26

Post Number: 4
Is the Orion 2500D overkill for 2 12 inch W7's and will it be stable if run in series?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us