Wattage Question(Very Urgent!!!!)

Alpine?Kicker?
Unregistered guest
I was wondering about how many watts is going to each sub if your amp is rated at 1000 watts at 2Ohms (1 channel Amp)and you are hooking it up to 2 subs and yes they can handle those watts EASY!! They will be in a ported bix and they are 2 Ohm stable the amp is 1 ohm stable. Thanks Alot guys

Silver Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 250
well...if it a 1 channel amp rated for 1000 watts max...that puts the amp at 500 watts (continous)...split that between two subs and each sub sees roughly 250 watts...

Alpine?Kicker?
Unregistered guest
Na the amp max is 1500 watts!

Alpine?Kicker?
Unregistered guest
THe amp is a 1500 class d 1 channel at 1 Ohms i get 1500 watts at 2 ohms i get 1000 watts so what would it be if i ran them at 2 ohms and hook them both up?

Silver Member

Post Number: 251
have you bought the subs yet? or are you looking to buy some? if you have them already, what are the specs (single or dual voice coil and how many ohms)

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7947
the answer depends on the load of the subs.. but of you have two subs presenting a 2 ohm load combined, you're giving 500 watts to each sub

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
i had the same question so the subs only see half the wattage so if i get 2 400 rms watt subs and 1 1 mono 800 rms watt amp it wont strees the sub and blow it right? Alpine?kicker said that those subs can handle the power okay. But look why do some company like ROCK. FOSG. offer a package with a power1000bd (1000rms@2ohms) amp and 2 rfpunch he2 subs dvc 4 0hms(500rms)so thats okay?

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7959
again, it depends on the impedance of the subs, and more importantly the final load at the amplifier.

the amount of power the amp puts out depends on the load unless we're talking about an amp like the JL Audio slash series.

if you have two subs that are rated at 400 watts RMS, then you'll want to get dual 2 ohm coil versions, or single 4 ohm coil versions.
then you want an amp that puts out about 800 watts RMS @ 2 ohms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
the t10001bd is not 1000 rms...it is 1000 max...they do that to fool people into thinking its more power than it really is. the rated will more likely be around 1200 max/600 rms...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us