Multiple Amps to One Sub

Username: Gibson5469

Post Number: 2
Hey everyone, don't mean to sound like one of those ghetto kids who want "bumpin bass", but I was watching p!mp my ride and they had 3 MTX amps to one MTX sub. How do you do this, parallel or series. I have just found that its cheaper for me to buy two low price kenwoods or what not instead of a more expensive amp putting out double the wattage.

Thanks in advance

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 223
ughh im not positive on this or how you do it but i heard you need somthing cald a Y adapter or converter i don't know, im probably wrong

SOMEONE HELP HIM^

Username: Gibson5469

Post Number: 8
no one knows?

Silver Member
Username: Tbolt

Collipark, GA

Post Number: 143
as long as the sub has more than one voice coil, you can. say if a sub has 2 voice coils, you can hook 2 amps to it.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 7931
couple ways to do this.
some companies make quad-coil subs specifically for putting one amp to each coil for more power for SPL events.
RE does this as do a few others.
The other way is by using class D mono amps that support "strapping" which allows you to wire two mono amps together using a bridge cable, and run them together like a bridged stereo amplifier, by inverting teh phase of one amplifier and matching both amps' outputs so they can drive a single speaker with twice the power.
Kicker's amplifiers do this (SX, KX series) and several others offer this as well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us