Rockford amp any good?

Silver Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 239
i just bought a 2003 Rockford Fosgate Power 851s 2channel amp to power my MTX 12"9500 and i just wanted to know if thsi amp is any good...RF states that its 850 RMS bridged and i just wanted to know if this is underrated or overrated also at what voltage does RF rate their amps?

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/ez2/ModelInfo/ModelInfo.asp?ItemKey=10061235&Cate goryDesc=Power%20Amplifiers

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
bump can someone answer my question lol

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 417
If its a '03, then more than likely it is way overrated. It wasn't untill this year that they started to really underrate their products to make up for the past years.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 418
Oh, BTW, not only is it probably overrated, RF is a company that tends to measure their power at 14.4v.

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 295
You'll get mixed opinions on RF's amps, but honestly, I think they're great amps. I don't like them for SQ installs, but for SPL, I think they're great. I've run plenty of their amps, and they're awesome.

Silver Member

Post Number: 241
damn that sucks...well will this setup^ get louder than an infinity 1230w and a mtx 6000 powered by a jensen 720watt max amp? and if it does will it be really nocitable

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
Oh yea, didn't see the year... sorry... They did rate their amps high, and at a high voltage...

Silver Member

Post Number: 242
damn that sucks lol..umm havent paid for it yet on ebay hate to be a deadbeat bidder but i shouldve done my research before buying..just found this MTX thunder 942 for 200 bucks so ima get that instead any thoughts on that amp?

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
MTX are alright amps. Go with your gut. I always buy EXACTLY what I want, because I know I'll be pissed later if I didn't...

water
Unregistered guest
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/ez2rockford/ModelInfo/ModelInfo.asp?Item Key=10063516&CategoryDesc=Power%20Amplifiers

/\ I know this amp is underated coulda went with that 1 great amp
Im looking at the amp you want now 945watts rms?
I wish I could here that SUB
car toyz has them but wont hook them up:-(

water
Unregistered guest
If its a '03, then more than likely it is way overrated. It wasn't untill this year that they started to really underrate their products to make up for the past years.

True Statement I was using Alpine at 1st didnt become a rockford fan till recent

can you go more into this?
Oh, BTW, not only is it probably overrated, RF is a company that tends to measure their power at 14.4v.
I no this is 1 of the advantages of getting a slash

Water
Unregistered guest
Reguard to my last post Just got off the phone with rockford they say there new power series arnt done buy 14.4 volts they are done 12.6 volts
the new punch stuff is done by 13.8 volts

now Sombody come translate this i said somthing bout the battery he started talking about the alternator :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us