Archive through April 10, 2005

GSeven
Unregistered guest
2 questions:
Where does the yellow "illumination" wire get hooked to?
How many amps does it take to make a CD player play?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1088
GSeven, you can ignore illumination wire. It doesn't do anything except get controlled by the night light switch.
As for your 2nd question, it doesn't take much, maybe 5A-10A the most.
People this thread is getting out of hand. If you have questions, please start a new one.

Unregistered guest
I'm sure most have probably already asked this question, but I need the wiring diagram for a Sony CDX-L550X. My friend pulled it out from his car before he sold it and doesn't know what colour wire corresponds to what? It's going into a Mazda B2200 pick up for which I am already familiar with. But I don't know what colour corresponds to what on the wiring harness? Can anyone help?
sklein25@hotmail.com

Username: Mayo12080

Post Number: 1
anyone have a wiring diagram for a sony cdx m770 or anything similiar... im trying to install the radio on my buddy's car. the original box was thrown out by mom when i was overseas with the army any help wouldbe great
mayo

Unregistered guest
Anyone have a radio wiring diagram for toyota corolla 1993 or fujitsu ten.
Thanks

Unregistered guest
Where can i get an interface for a bose system in my tahoe, i need to hook up and alpine iva-d300 but i need the bose interface, and i cant find out where to get one

Username: Bub_nuts

i have a 1995 pioneer cd reciever deh-215. i need to know how to hook it up to a new jensen style adapter. where do the remote wires go and i need to know what the orange, red, and blue wires are. please...no suggestions unless you know for sure. much appretiated.

Username: Birdman420

alright, heres my problem, i have an 03 impala with a factory headunit w/ RDS (Radio Data System), now i'd like to keep this, and i've heard of some people relocating this to the trunk and wiring it to the new head unit. Is this possible, please some one out there must know. E-mail me at Baristabirdman@hotmail.com

Username: Sonya71

San Diego, CA United States

I have a 1992 Ford Probe GL, and I'm needing a wiring diagram for the car and for the stereo, a Pioneer DEH-P2000. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Unregistered guest
I am looking for the wiring schematics and trying to local the auxilliary fuse box, the one under the hood on the right side by firewall. For a 1994 buick Roadmaster est. With a 5.7L

K.S.

Unregistered guest
i need a wiring diagram for speakers of an 88 honda accord, trying to install a deck and its not going good. Does anyone know the wire colors for ground, positive, and negative for each of the 4 speakers (2 front, 2 back) Any help is greatly appreciated, email is pretty_boi05@hotmail.com, thanks alot

Username: Hashbrownrulz

im looking for the wiring diagram for a fujitsu ten 86100-YC050 all help would be appreciated
hashbrownrulz@hotmail.com

Username: Hashbrownrulz

Post Number: 2
im looking for the wiring diagram for a fujitsu ten 86100-YC050 all help would be appreciated
hashbrownrulz@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
I have a 1997 chevy cheyenne pu and my radio got stolen and they took all my wires even the wires from the stock harness and i count 15 wires from the trucks wiring system and everytime i buy a new harness it has either 12 or 14 wires and i dont know if i didnt have all 15 hooked up or what, next, when i try and hook the harness up from the stock wires the colors are all different like off whites and browns and none are the same colors of the harness can i get a wiring diagram of this hook please and thank you

Unregistered guest
Please help! (WIRING COLOR CODE PROBLEM FOR 1991 HONDA CIVIC DX)PLEASE EMAIL ME INSTEAD OF JUST RESPONDING TO THIS POST. I have been trying to fix this problem, and have googled myself to death trying to find answers but there is sooo much conflicting information out there!
THE YELLOW RED WIRE FOR THE 12V IGNITION DOESN'T EXIST IN MY CAR, AS PER EVERY WEBSITE I'VE CHECKED. INSTEAD, I HAVE A WHITE W/GREEN STRIPE AND WHITE W/BLUE STRIPE. WHAT'RE THEY FOR? Are the red and black wires illumination wires and if so, where do they connect? I understand the other wires but these have me stumped. Thankyou very much in advance! Edgar

Unregistered guest
Please help! (WIRING COLOR CODE PROBLEM FOR 1991 HONDA CIVIC DX)PLEASE EMAIL ME INSTEAD OF JUST RESPONDING TO THIS POST. I have been trying to fix this problem, and have googled myself to death trying to find answers but there is sooo much conflicting information out there!
THE YELLOW RED WIRE FOR THE 12V IGNITION DOESN'T EXIST IN MY CAR, AS PER EVERY WEBSITE I'VE CHECKED. INSTEAD, I HAVE A WHITE W/GREEN STRIPE AND WHITE W/BLUE STRIPE. WHAT'RE THEY FOR? Are the red and black wires illumination wires and if so, where do they connect? I understand the other wires but these have me stumped. Thankyou very much in advance! Edgar

Gold Member

Post Number: 1202
Edgar, you didn't even leave your email address. Now how is anyone going to be able to help you?
Anyhow here's the colour codes for the wires:

Red w/Yellow Stripe = Right rear +
Blue w/Yellow Stripe = Left rear +
Brown w/ White Stripe = Power antenna trigger
Yellow w/ Red stripe = +12v Ignition wire
Brown w/ White Stripe = right rear -
Gray w/ White stripe = Left rear -
Black = ground
White w/ Yellow or Blue Stripe = +12v Battery (red on most cars)
Blue w/ Green Stripe = Left front +
Red w/ Green Stripe = Right front +
Gray w/ Black stripe = Left front -
Brown w/ Black Stripe = Right front -

Unregistered guest
can some one tell me the color codes for a 90 honda civic with no harnes so basicly to hard wire

PJ
Unregistered guest
hey i have a pioneer DEH-345 and i want to hook it up in my room with a sony amp. what do i do first?

jake dickmann
Unregistered guest
i need to know wat the wire colors are for a 91 gmc sierre 2500 p/u truck i know wat all of the speaker colors r i just need to figure out the power colors

Anonymous

ok, I'm going to do this forum a favor and end it.
The following site contains all diagrams/charts in regards to installing speakers, wires and cd-players in most cars and models, both new and old, just click on the site below and forget this forum ever existed.

HERE IT IS:

http://www.installdr.com/

You can thank me later ; )

Anonymous

That site is restricted without username, password, and domain. Now what?

Anonymous

That site is restricted without username, password, and domain. Now what?

Pissst
Unregistered guest
QUOTE: "You can thank me later ; )"

Love to thank you.... .if you could provide a user name and password to get on the site.

Unregistered guest
I clicked on the link in question, and got right in. It opened right up to the wiring harness I need! Thanks pissst!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1324
"just click on the site below and forget this forum ever existed." You're forgetting one thing, instructions are useful but what this forum offers is experience and knowledge. You can't get that from a book.

Unregistered guest
I need a diagram by color for a sony xplod CDX-L410X CDR/RW

Unregistered guest
ok k every body i am a certified installed for car toys and here are some web sites we use to determine 95%of the questions you all are asking.

http://www.caraudiohelp.com/car_audio_electrical_basics/car_audio_electrical_bas ics.htm#car_electrical_system

http://www.streetdreams.com/wires/

http://www.autotoys.com/New_Tech/Wire_codes/wire_codes.htm

don't be a dumbass if you don't know anything about power or sound don't try it!!
above is just about everything you will ever need to install any type of stereo.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1402
No need to be rude. If people never tried anything cause they didn't know, we wouldn't have any progress in this world. How do you think the experts got there? They weren't born that way.
By the way, the link is a good one. It'll help new users.

Unregistered guest
I need to know which wires are the power leads and speaker leads on a Clarion ARX 7370 car stereo.

dana e
Unregistered guest
i have a 92 ranger i lost the heater blinkers and anti lock brake came at the same time and its not charging had the alternator checked works fine checked all fuses ok too may have a common ground wire broke but where could it be any suggestions

Unregistered guest
HI,I'm changing a radio in a 92 dodge dynasty and
on the gray plug the wires are:pink/blue-hot,red/white-key+
,orange-light dimmer,black/yellow-lights,blue/red-?,brown/red-?,orange/black-?
Now the question:What are the last 3 for,power
antenna maybe? Using a test light with radio on,
I have faint voltage on the blue/red and the brown/red wires the orange/black wire kills the
sound completely.The car doesn't have a power
antenna and I'm checking this out using a factory radio with a crappy tape deck.I believe
the black plug is for the speackers.
Can you help me out?

Unregistered guest
I am looking for a 02 Chevt tracker wiring daigram to hook my cdplayer up

Unregistered guest
I am looking for a wiring diagram to hook my cdplayer up. I have a 02 Chevy Tracker. Please e-mail me at d_luv05@yahoo.com

Username: Mazdaman

Halifax, Nova scotia Canada

dear guys :

i'm hooking up a new audiovox(rampage) cd player in to my mazda b2200 i have the power working the stero is grounded off the case of the stereo while touching the bracket. now my big problem is that there is no sound at all.I can get music if i patch my computer speakers into the front jack of the stereo,but thats it the wires in the back of the stero just seems like they dont work the fuses are all fine so whats up???

Post Number: 2
dear guys :

i'm hooking up a new audiovox(rampage) cd player in to my mazda b2200 i have the power working the stero is grounded off the case of the stereo while touching the bracket. now my big problem is that there is no sound at all.I can get music if i patch my computer speakers into the front jack of the stereo,but thats it the wires in the back of the stero just seems like they dont work the fuses are all fine so whats up???

Gold Member

Post Number: 1524
Jason, your post is very confusing. Id B2200 a car? What do you mean by "grounded off the case of the stereo"? You have a front and rear jacks?

Unregistered guest
I need the diagram for a 96 Hyundai Accent.

gwgtrunks@hotmail.com

Post Number: 3
mazda b2200 king cab 1/4 ton truck,when i said its grounded off the case i meant the metal part of the bracket that the other stero was mounted on,when you touch the radio on the bracket it grounds it.what i dont understand is why there is no sound comming from the speakers. colors on stero are :

f/r(+)= gray
f/r(-)= gray/white
f/l(+)=white
f/l(-)=white/black
r/r(+)=purple
r/r(-)=purple/black
r/l(+)=green
r/l(-)=green/black
the truck back speakers are black and black/white
should you not be able to take the stero hook it up to a battery ground the stero hook up the speaker and music should come out right mine dosn't sorry for the mind boggoler thanx jason

Post Number: 3
mazda b2200 king cab 1/4 ton truck,when i said its grounded off the case i meant the metal part of the bracket that the other stero was mounted on,when you touch the radio on the bracket it grounds it.what i dont understand is why there is no sound comming from the speakers. colors on stero are :

f/r(+)= gray
f/r(-)= gray/white
f/l(+)=white
f/l(-)=white/black
r/r(+)=purple
r/r(-)=purple/black
r/l(+)=green
r/l(-)=green/black
should you not be able to take the stero hook it up to a battery ground the stero hook up the speaker and music should come out right mine dosn't sorry for the mind boggoler thanx jason

Post Number: 4

f/r(+)= gray
f/r(-)= gray/white
f/l(+)=white
f/l(-)=white/black
r/r(+)=purple
r/r(-)=purple/black
r/l(+)=green
r/l(-)=green/black

Gold Member

Post Number: 1525
I am still confused. You said the stereo works if you use the front jack connectors? What do you mean by that? Is there power on the cd player at all? Just like car amps, the cd player also has ground, pos, and remote wire. You have to connect all 3 wires for the cd player to power up.

Post Number: 5
i took my computer speaker and pluged it into the aux in on the front of the stereo i pushed the plug all the way in no sound i pulled the plug out half way the speakers worked yes there is all kinds of life in the stereo it just wont speak,or sing or whatnot... :-) hellllp

Post Number: 6
i took my computer speaker and pluged it into the aux in on the front of the stereo i pushed the plug all the way in no sound i pulled the plug out half way the speakers worked yes there is all kinds of life in the stereo it just wont speak,or sing or whatnot... hellllp

Unregistered guest
I need a wiring diagram for a 1989 Buick Regal audio system if anyone can get me that info it would be greatly appreciated.

Username: Gangstap76

Jersey, City

I NEED TO KNOW THE COLOR DIAGRAM TO PUT ON A SONY XPLOD STEREO ON A 1991 DODGE SHADOW

THANKS

Anonymous

I HAVE A 1994 FORD PROBE AND I NEED THE WIRING DIAGRAM FOR THE RADIO. THERE IS ONLY SEVEN WIRES COMING OUT OF THE RADIO. I KNOW THEY ARE GROUNDED TO THE CAR BEFORE THEY GET TO THE RADIO. I JUST DONT WANT TO CUT THE WIRES

Post Number: 7
would somebody please explain why theres no sound if i grond the stero off the bracket do i also have to hook up the ground wire?

Post Number: 8
would somebody please explain why theres no sound if i grond the stero off the bracket do i also have to hook up the ground wire?

Bronze Member
Username: Swanks

Post Number: 11
Youll need the ground wire connected.

Post Number: 9
thank you swank, do you think you know whats wrong with the stereo why there is no sound comming from the speakers? i also heard that if the faceplate is not on perfectly the power will come on but there will not be no sound. the fuses are good, if i take the stereo hook it up to a battery ground the stereo, hookup a speaker to the wires shouuld you or should you not get sound cause i sure dont. if i take my computer speakers adapter and push it in to the AUX IN ALL THE WAY NO SOUND IF I PUSH IT IN HALF WAY THE STEREO SOUND COMES THROUGH I AM SO CONFUSED PLEASE HELP :-) :-)

THANX MAZDAMAN

Post Number: 10
MY STEREO IS AN AUDIOVOX RAMPAGE....GO TO WWW.AUDIOVOX.COM THEN PRODUCTS MOBILE ....RADIOS THEN LOOK AT THE RAMPAGE 160 WATT ONE FOR A CLEAR LOOK AT THE STEREO I MIGHT HAVE TO TAKE IT BACK, OH YEAH ANOTHER THING THE STERO SAYS TO BE HOOKED UP TO A 4SPEAKER SYSTEM AND NOT TO BRIDGE WIRES WILL THAT STOP THE SOUND FROM WORKING IF YOU DONT HAVE 4 SPEAKERS? OR WILL IT STILL WORK JUST NOT TOP QUALITY SOUND?

THANX AGAIN MAZDAMAN

Bronze Member
Username: Swanks

Post Number: 12
Id go with a better headunit imho.

Unregistered guest
If any one can tell me where to get a wiring diagram for a Pioneer DEH-43 i would appreciate.. It doesnt have the RCA pre-amp hook ups and since i bought the car used, i have no wiring diagrams for the car or cd player. any help would be nice....

Unregistered guest
i need to know how to wire a pioneer deh16 into a mitsubishi galant 2000. i need the colors of the head unit. i have the colors to the car but i am not sure what the head unit is about. i would really appreciate this. thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Treeguy2oo4

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 14
guyneedinghelp

i have that same pioneer in my truck i'll try to fine the paty work

Bronze Member
Username: Treeguy2oo4

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 15
opps T/Os my bad. no luck yet

Unregistered guest
I have a 92 ford explorer and trying to hook up a ford radio cassette in it..... however , cannot spot the speaker wires!!! I have power on the display but no sound from speakers. Just bought the suv and there is no manual or anything with it. Also there was no radio in the suv when I just bought it second hand. Someone please help me. THANKS

Unregistered guest
I have no power to the power antenna, what fuses should i check or are there any other sources to check ?

mrp203
Unregistered guest
91 mustang what are original factory colors for stereo wires

Anonymous

hi, i want to install 6x9 at the back in my toyota corsa. there is set of wires coming out of the standard factory stereo plug, just dont know where it leads to. does any one know where they end?

bsfdssfsfsfsse
Unregistered guest
gv

hyundai accent 1995
Unregistered guest
i need a wiring diagram for a hyundai accent 1995 ecu computer

hyundai accent 1995
Unregistered guest
PLEASAEEEEEEEEEEEEE ANYONE

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 89
1990-91 Ford Mustang Stereo Information
Constant 12V+ Green/Yellow
Switched 12V+ Yellow/Black
Ground Chassis
Illumination Blue/Red
Dimmer n/a
Antenna Trigger Orange/Blue
Antenna Right Front
Front Speakers 5 1/4" Doors
Left Front (+) Orange/Green
Left Front (-) Light Blue/White
Right Front (+) White/Green
Right Front (-) Green/Orange
Rear Speakers 5" x 7" Side Panels
Left Rear (+) Pink/Green
Left Rear (-) Pink/Blue
Right Rear (+) Pink/Blue
Right Rear (-) Green/Orange

Unregistered guest
I have a 1999 isuzu rodeo and the wiring harness was cut. I am installing a Pioneer DEH-15 and have all the speakers and power but no dash lights. can anyone tell me where the illumination (green/red) and dimmer (red/green) wires are suppose to connect to the pioneer.

skeets
Unregistered guest
does any one know the factory wire colors for a dodge stereo in a dakota-1990?
please email me at Dusty_w@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
Hey I have a 1993 camaro Z28 and there was already a cd player installed but the wires have been cut. If anyone can tell me what the factory wires mean could you please email it to me! I know what the cd player wires are but the factory ones are different and I have no clue what is what.

GregSTATS
Unregistered guest
I'm trying to install a clarion (VRX610) DVD screen in my 1994 GMC 2-door Yukon. I'm having a problem similiar to "Miguel a.k.a help me!".

Everything works find except I cannot watch anything unless I hook the orange wire up to the e-brake lamp.

I've tried hooking it up to the (+ / orange) wire running to the lighter. Nothing happens.

Does the lighter have to be pushed in to complete the circuit?

Is there another wire I could use besides the lighter or e-brake?

Why can't the orange wire just be hooked up to any positive wire (like the red power wire)?

Any help is appreciated, I really want to get this thing hooked up!

~Greg

Anonymous

Did you know this thread #15 in google for "wiring diagrams"?

wiring diagram 326.6 searches per day

1 Free Jamster Ringtone Wiring Diagram

Anonymous

I have a Pioneer DEH-445 cd player for my 1998 Olds Intrigue. Can anyone tell me what color wires are for what coming off the back of the radio?? I got power, ground and constant, need speaker colors. daroz@adelphia.net or IM me @ blackolds98 (AOL)

Anonymous

i was wondering if someone can help me with wiring with pioneer cd player deh-16 to 83 impala

thanx

y_not_309@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for an 86 toyota pickup. Nilovrod@aol.com

Unregistered guest
Does anyone have the wiring diagram for an 86 toyota pickup. Nilovrod@aol.com

Anonymous

Can any one show or tell about the Head unit on a Pioneer DEH-345 I just picked up a Jeep wrangler The Pioneer was in the seat some one soldered the wires were the head unit goes what I need is a good Pick of a Head Unit so I can wire it up Or I need To Find a used Head unit

Username: Kevarr

I bought a 1999 Isuzu Rodeo and I am attempting to install a Pioneer DEH-1500. The wiring harness in the Isuzu was cut by previous owner. I have power and memory and sound, but I cannot figure out how to get my dash lights working again. Can any one help with this? I have contacted the manufacture regarding this issue and they cannot help. Is the another option to connect the illumination and dimmer wirers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unregistered guest
Here is a tough one...I dont even know where to start on this other than a multimeter and test wires...I need to kmnow how to hook up a HU in a 84 mazda b2000 (truck)...I keep blowing the taillamp fuse when I have the radio plugged in and turn on the head/tail lights...I have no idea where I am shorting out at...anyone have any suggestions?

Username: Leolozano

In need of 1990 honda accord radio wiring diagram/

Gareth
Unregistered guest
How do i wire 6" splits in the front, 6" 2-ways in the back, an amplifier, and a subwoofer in the trunk to a head unit in the dash? it's all new Clarion stuff.
thanks heaps.

Username: Blackolds98

s. curtis.......you need to run a power line from your battery back to where your sub is, and run RCA cables from the rear output on the radio to the input on the amp. As far as the speakers go, there should already be wires there. Go to walmart or your local Circut City/Best Buy for a wiring harness for your model car. hope this helps.

paul cummings
Unregistered guest
i need wire colors for a 94 cavalier PLEASE!!!

Username: Elizstoy

Rosemead, CA USA

Noticed alot of people requesting auto wiring diagrams. Here is a site for free wiring diagrams for all cars from 1950 to 2000. First go to www.autozone.com on the left hand side is a link that say's REPAIR INFO(click on it)Still on left side under REPAIR INFO in the new page is a link that say's Vehicle Repair Guides (click on it but only on the link on left hand side)Choose year of car from 1950 to 2000 next page choose vehicle make. Then next page model. On the next page choose Chassis Electrical link. Then in the next page on the right hand side scroll all the way down to the last link in the box it will say WIRING DIAGRAMS and there you go specific wiring diagram for your car. Now if you choose EMISSIONS instead of Chassis Electrical Link it will take you to a location where you can get the VACUUM Diagrams for your car. Hope this helps everyone if so pass the info on.

Username: Kylefassbinder

Does anyone know the car audio wiring for a 1986 S10?

Unregistered guest
need wiring diagram for stereo in a chevy s10

Unregistered guest
need wiring diagram for a stereo in a 1994 chevy s10

BigFooter
Unregistered guest
I Need A Wiring Diagram For A 2000 Ford Ranger

Anonymous

I need a Sony X-plode wire color code, and if possible a color code for a 95 BMW.

Anonymous

i need a wire diagram for a sony xplode real bad please e mail me at brenda1112danny@netscape.com

Unregistered guest
can you tell me the radio wiring code for Buick Skylark 1997

Unregistered guest
can you tell me the radio wiring code for Buick Skylark 1997

Unregistered guest
i have a 1995 grand prix se and some dumb f$ck ripped my cd player out and jacked it so know i need to know the colors of the wiring harness. iF you could help it would be nice.

Unregistered guest
i need the wiring diagram for a 1995 chevy montecarlo thanks

Unregistered guest
I have a 2003 GMC Sierra extended cad pickup.

I bought a OEM GM overhead DVD player made by Pansonic that came from a Yukon. I need to know how this is wired from the factory. Is there a harness from the back of the stereo to the DVD player? I could always wire it to a hot and ground, but I would prefer a factory harness. Does anyone have a diagram, harness or even knowlege?

Thank you,
Dave Stratton
snow_peaks@hotmail.com

Unregistered guest
Hey guys, need alittle help im tring to put a inline converter in my 2005 ford f250.. does anyone know the radio wires? I need the rear right, rear left, speaker wire colors and which ones are + and -...

Thanks,
JD
the_saint9776@yahoo.com

jimmer
Unregistered guest
i have a 83 ford bronco with the 351w ca emmision

i need the under the hood wiring harness with the eec that has a brown gromit

jimmer
Unregistered guest

jimmer
Unregistered guest

assjuice
Unregistered guest
I BOUGHT A 1991 NISSAN AXXES FOR A $100.
THE STEREO WASN'T IN IT AND THE WIRING HARNESS WAS CUT.DOES ANYONE HAVE THE DIAGRAM FOR THE HARNESS

assjuice
Unregistered guest
I BOUGHT A 1991 NISSAN AXXES FOR A $100.
THE STEREO WASN'T IN IT AND THE WIRING HARNESS WAS CUT.DOES ANYONE HAVE THE DIAGRAM FOR THE HARNESS

Unregistered guest
I NEED THE WIRING COLORS FOR MY 1989 S-10 STEREO LIKE U WOULD NOT BELIVE. PLEASE HELP AS SOON AS U CAN!!!!

TGOERTZEN@JUNO.COM
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us