Is this possible?

Bronze Member
Username: Halby

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 26
Currently I have a 4ohm sub, and a set of 2 ohm speakers in the front. If I took a 4 channel amp, and ran 2 channels bridged to the sub and the other 2 normally to each speaker, would I damage my sub/amp(I don't even know what would get damaged)?

Also would I be able to have low pass on the 2 bridged and not the speaker channels?

Bronze Member

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 27
Would it be easier to just get 2 amps? I already have a MTX 801D (400RMS at 4ohm) for my Perfect 12.1(350RMS at 4 ohm SVC) and I think that a 4 channel that would supply enough watts to the sub when bridged would be to much for my coaxial 6.5's(75RMS at 2 ohm) in front.

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
well when you get rid off the mtx let me know

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3556
I would run a designated amp to each the mtx 801d is a nice amp to run that sub I would stick with that. what components up front do you have, and what is the rms power?

Bronze Member

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 29
I have the 2-way Infinity 62.7i(the new ones) running at 75WRMS 225W Max. I was just looking at the Audiobahn A2002T which is 100RMSx2 @2 ohm. The extra 25RMS wouldn't be a problem right?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3565
no you wont get those power ratings out of that amp anyway.

Bronze Member

Parsippany, NJ

Post Number: 30
What about an MTX 282D, it is 140WRMSx2 @ 2ohms? I think that would be pushing it b/c MTX can be underrated. Is turning the gains down a safe way to operate it in this situation?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us