5 Channel Amp for CDT's?

Username: Mulletover

Post Number: 4
I'm considering running a 5 channel amp with 4 channels bridged to a set of CDT HD-62 comps and the other channel to a single JL 10" sub. This would allow me to mount the amp in a spot that is completely out of the way. I use my 05 Trailblazer for work so space is at a premium. There is a compartment in the rear that is 24"L x 13"W x 5"H. Perfect size to fit 1 amp, but fitting two amps is proving to be tricky.

Any suggestions for 5 channel amps? I'd like between 150-200W for the CDT's. Right now, I'm looking at the Eclipse PA5532 5 channel, but I'd like other opinions/options.

Thanks for any input, as I am very new to car audio.

Post Number: 5
Anyone?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3566
I would say the eclipse is a very nice amp. You can look into zapco or us amps they might make a good one, I know alpine makes one as well.

Post Number: 6
Sorry about taking so long to respond. I really do appreciate the input!

Forgive me if these are dumb questions, but like I said, I'm a newbie.

Any real downside to using a 5 channel bridged vs. a 2 channel amp for the comps and a D class for the sub? What does a subsonic filter do, and will I miss it?

I do have some Infinity reference coaxials in the rear doors that I will just be using the Alpine 9855 HU amp to power.

Naras
Unregistered guest
Bridging is useful when you want to power subwoofer and not for the comps.

I am running CDT HD 63i set and an IDQ 12" subwoofer using RF Punch 8004 amp

I would go for a powerful 2 or 4 channel amp.

In case of 2-channel (tri-way compaitable) use tri-way crossover to power HD's and subwoofer.

Incase of 4 channel use 2 channals for comps and bridge 2 channals for subwoofer.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us