Hifonics to kicker??

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 190
im thinking of getting the Hifonics bx1000d(1000watts rms @1ohms) for 2 kicker cvr(there dvc 4ohms)

i would run the amp at 1ohm and wire the subs to make a 1 ohm load(how do you do that for 2 dvc 4ohm subs)

i'll be overpowering it by 200watts but i expect this amp to be a bit overated plus the rms wattage are done at 14.4 volts

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

Burnett, WI United States

Post Number: 119
http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=1+woofer&WoofImp= Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=13&image.y=9

Silver Member

Post Number: 196
yea it says i can make a 1ohm load with 2 dvc 4ohm subs, so will that amp be a good one for the price(200$)

Silver Member
Username: Jaackdeth

Burnett, WI United States

Post Number: 120
And I believe that amp is 1 ohm stable!! Good luck!

Silver Member

Post Number: 197
i knew the amp was 1ohm stable, but i just wanted to know if thats a good set up

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3495
I hate to burst your bubble, but Hifonics is not a great amp. I'd go with MTX before that one.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3019
Get an MTX 81000 and take it easy on the volume.

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
yea but i need somthing at 1ohm, because i have 2 dvc 4ohm subs and they can either make a 4ohm load or a 1ohm, any suggestions for a cheap(UNDER 200$)amp thats at least 800w rms@1ohm

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3023
The 81000 is stable at 1 ohm? It is like 1500 wrms though, but you can could easily make it work.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 410
Mike, for under $200 that is probably gonna be one of your best choices when it comes to a mono amp that is 1 ohm stable. Usually amps that are stable @1 ohm are more spendy. Otherwise you could always wire your subs to a 4-ohm load and then get a 2-channel amp and bridge it. Just letting you know your options.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3026
Yeah, I forgot you had a 200 dollar budget. You could try a MTX Thunder942. 700 wrms at 4 ohms at 12.5 volts, and 940 watts at 4 ohms at 14.4 volts. Should work perfect.

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
thanks for the help guys, if you don't mind what are your opinions on a panasonic cq-8301U for a head unit for 200$?

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
so hifonics is really that bad?? i thought the brutus line was good

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3035
I'd look at something other than panasonic. A lower model Alpine would be great for 200 bucks.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 3036
If you can't order off the net and need to buy from a store, Alpine may be hard to find. You could look into Pioneer as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
i like all the features on the panasonic but how about the pioneer deh-770

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3567
for $200 I would go on ebay and try to find a alpine 9813 if you can its a great high end deck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us