equalizer 11 wires diagrams

Username: Aacan1969

Post Number: 2
i have an old equalizer that dont have a name on it ,it worn off.it has 11 wires all solid color and has mustang wrote on it under the fader knob.it has a boost and alarm button.need to know what wire is what.

Username: Caraudiofreak

St. Petersburg, Florida USA

Post Number: 1
i have the same problem can you help me out with that if you find out can u email me at spyderpaintball89@hotmail.com

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 860
What colors are the wires?

Post Number: 2
let me go check hang on

Post Number: 3
the wires are i know what some are...
Red-Power
Black-Ground
Then these i need help with...
green, pink,white,blue,purple,orange,yellow,brown, and gray it is an older equalizer that has no remote wire.

Silver Member

Post Number: 862
The brown and gray should be the input wires.

Green-Right speaker negative (-)Front and rear connect to the same wire
White-Left front speaker (+)
Blue-Right front speaker (+)
Purple-Left speaker negative (-) Front and rear connect to the same wire
Orange-possibly another 12v (+) for powering the unit
Yellow-Right rear speaker (+)
Pink-Left rear speaker (+)

Of course, this is all going by one of my equalizers, I say give it a try and see what happens.

Post Number: 5
so how do i connect it to the head unit, strip part of the wire then wrap it around, and what do u mean by input wires...THanks though

Silver Member

Post Number: 864
Are there two brown wires and two gray wires?

Post Number: 6
no just one brown and one gray all the colored wires are 1 of each

Silver Member

Post Number: 865
Ah, interesting...what model/brand is it?

Post Number: 7
i think its a rondo but i couldnt find out the model or serial because its so old... I dont have much money because im 16 and i want to get my license in august and when i do i go on my parents insurance so i am buying the cheapest crap for now my friend gave me an amp i bought a 50 dollar hu at walmart, and some 20 300 watt subs (from walmart) just so i wont be driving a crap stock minivan to school the first year i have my licensce...Also i put the subs in the back and the subs makes the hatch vibrate when its closed but when its open it vibrates. Do u know how i could fix that. And the voices and the highs come thru the subs and the tweeters, and the bass and the highs come thru the subs... would a crossover fix that? Thanks for all your help. Back to the eq i havent tried that but there is a sound tech guy at our church that had car audio in his car at one time i might ask him if he could help me with that eq if you have no more ideas.

Post Number: 8
I forgot....Well really i was reading some of the posts and all this equalizer/crossover stuff is leading me to belive that an equalizer will do the things a crossover would do. If that is true then i would just install it to the subs but the more i think about it the more i would want it in the front where the hu is so i could turn down the crappy stock subs to where it doesnt vibrate the whole flippin hatch and licsence plate. Thanks

Silver Member

Post Number: 868
You could try putting some sound deadening material in the tailgate like Dynamat.

And yes, a crossover is what you're needing. It would take all of the mids and highs out that you don't need. The equalizer won't solve that problem unfortunately...

fishheadstew
Unregistered guest
Looking to install an older style equalizer on my boat. The model is a Bevada (200 watts). Not sure how to do the wiring on the power side. I have one red (power), two blacks (one has silver wire, the other has gold wire. the siver wire (black one) says "pacific pvc cord" on it. Is this the ground. If so, whats the other black one. There's also a green one and a gray one. Other side of the deck has eight wires, assuming for speakers and can figure that one out...just not sure on the others

Justin Harrell
Unregistered guest
i have an old Jensen EQA5000 and i need advice on how to install it into my car. I have no instructions and the internet is pretty dry. On the back there is 2 lo-level inputs, and a bunch of wires for hi-level inputs and some output wires. For the input i have power, ground, source ground, blue wire, green wire, black wire, and on the end where the clip is there is a grey and white wire looping to the blue and green wire. The output side has green, brown, grey, blue, black, and white wires. If someone knows how to hook this up please E-mail me @ shorty121299@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
i got a rondo graphic equlizer amp and set it up as an amp for my pc surround sound with some 20 year-old marantz floor speakers...
my neighbors hate me
ahe amp cost me $10 at a yard sale and the marantz were on the curb
cause someone tore up the covers and kicked in the subs
i replaced the subs with some 12 inch 200w
cheapys i found in a mcm electronics outlet catalog
(about $20)
hey... i got the most gettho mp3 / mpeg4 player
on earth but it blows the walls out and if it breaks i can fix it...
try repairing an ipod after you sit on it for the first time...
Haa!!!
bye bye...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us