Hmmm...

Jo1
Unregistered guest
So im looking at an amp for my subs and im not good with electronics at all, but it says its rated at 700rms at 2ohms x1 so if i hook 2 subs does that mean each would recieve 350watts each? or 700 each?

KICKERL712
Unregistered guest
I would guess 700.....maybe??? GOOD QUESTION!! Let me ask you...what size fuse should i run on my power wire? It is a 1500 watt mono 1 channel amp and the amp has 2 80 fuses.Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 25
350 but the subs have to both be 4 ohm if they are both 2 ohm or ones 4 ohm and the other is 2 ohm you cant hook them up safely.
if the subs are both 2 ohm thats even worse for the amp because that totals 1ohm and your amp will be ruined eventually

so if your subs are either 4 ohm or 8 ohm you can hook them up the way you want and yes your power cuts in half if you add another sub.

WC
Unregistered guest
For Jo1, yes each sub will get 700RMS, X2 means 2 subs at 2ohms. For Kicker, always get a bigger fuse on you power wire than the amp fuses, get a 100 amp fuse.

Jo1
Unregistered guest
From what ive read you should have an in line fuse 12 to 16 inches from your battery that matches all the fuses located on your amp (ie 2 amps at 40 each would mean an 80 in line) so for yours im guessing a 160 in line but to err on safety you could go with a little under like a 150 amp just to be careful but it could blow if you max it out. but im not fully sure maybe some of the regs might be more experienced in it than i am.

Bronze Member
Username: Believe

Illinois

Post Number: 26
i would change the two 80 fuses to 60 and if they blow in twenty minutes go back to 80 if they last the day keep the 60s and your amp will be safer from shorting.

Jo1
Unregistered guest
so i would need an amp thats 760rms at 2ohms x1 for the 2 380rms subs and a 900 rms at 2 ohms x1 for the 2 450rms subs?

Jo1
Unregistered guest
btw they are all 4 ohm subs.

WC
Unregistered guest
Huh, no NEVER change the fuses on the amp, if its saye you need two 40 amp fuses GO with the 2 40 amp fuse, dont ever go smaller. Not only will that fry your amp, it will damage your subs too.

WC
Unregistered guest
Yes, lets say an amp is 900RMS X1, means ONE sub will get 900RMS, if it says 900RMS X2 means TWO subs will get 900RMS at whatever ohm it says.

Bronze Member
Username: Darkseid

Post Number: 88
If there single voice coil then you need 2ohm stable amps, dual 4's look for 1 ohm stable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us