1 4 channel or 2 2 channels

Username: Gthang

Burlington, Ontario

Post Number: 1
I'm looking buy a new system, not sure whether to use 1 4 channel amp or 2 2 channels. i have 2 dash speakers, 2 door speakers 2 6 by 9's and am looking at a 10" phoenix gold sub in a ported box. any suggestions? HU has 4x50 watts

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 111
I counted 6 speakers...Anyway, you won't gain much by having an independet amp for each pair of speakers. Also, it would take an act of God for a HU to put out 4x50 watts of actual, clean, unclipped power.

Ironbytes
Unregistered guest
Scuba Steve is right you have 7 speaker in all so you would not be able to run just one amp. The less number of amps the less draw on you systems battery and alt. The HU has 4x50 but that is max power. You have to check the RMS on the HU which is probably around 22. I am presuming this is an SUV. If this is true I would get rid of the dash speakers and go with a componet speaker set and then a set for the rear doors. I would power that through a 4 channel. Then depending on how many subs you are getting I would get a mono amp for 1 sub or a 2 channel for 2. But that is just my opinion. Sorry if any of my presumtions are incorrect.

Username: Gthang

Burlington, Ontario

Post Number: 2
its a 94 jetta, HU is 18 watts rms. the speakers i have for the front doors are a component set. so just go with those the 6 by 9's a my 10" sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us