Urgent Q

Silver Member
Username: Iowahawks19

Post Number: 144
if an amp is stable at 1ohm, and stable at 2ohm, i can wire a 1.333 load in there can't I? or am i mistaken

also if i have 1200 watts will i have to get a cap?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3443
If your amp is 1 ohm stable, then it'll handle 1 ohms as well as anything else in between. Just don't go below 1 ohms.
As for your 1200w, is that rms or peak?
A cap will help somewhat, but as soon as it's drained, then it'll put more strain on your power system.
If you're trying to avoid HO alternator, then it's a bad choice. Go to Accessories section and read up on HO alternator vs Cap.

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
another Q(im horrible about amps) when you wire all your stuff up, do you set your amp to a 1ohm load or 2ohm load or does it recognize the load coming from the way the subs are wired in? that was probably one of the stupidest questions ever but o well

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
1200rms. i don't believe in any peak #'s since there all fake

Gold Member

Post Number: 3445
The ohm load on the amp is determined by the sub wiring configuration.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
haha thanks isaac, sorry for wasting your time

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 128
Isaac, what about if u race in db drag...u wont need a HO coz the car gotta be off so will a cap will help or not?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3446
The HO alternator is not just for competition. It's for everyday use in your car. Without it, you can destory the stock alternator/battery anything else that's sensitive in the car.
If the car has to be off, then as long as there's ample supply of power, a cap will help somewhat.
A capacitor will store and release power at a faster rate than alternator/battery.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us