Batt. ?

Silver Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 106
ok i am gonna replace my car battery but i wanna make sure i am lookin into the right one, i am looking to get the optima yellow top, is that the best or ?

Silver Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 114
The Optima yellow top has become a standard battery for car audio enthusiasts but its not necessarily the best, depending on who you talk to. This won't solve low voltage problems, however. If anything it will make them worse. Your top priority is to upgrade your alternator. If you've aleardy done that, a deep cycle battery like the yellow top will allow you to play your system longer before the battery dies.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3468
Adam, if you're trying to replace your stock battery, then don't get yellowtop. You need the redtop (for starting). It has longer life cycle for starting the car. You can use the yellowtop for starting, but you'll shorten it's life cycle.
If you look at them carefully, the starter battery yields much higher number of starts vs deepcycle battery.

Silver Member
Username: Eclipse2005

Vicenza, Vicenza Italy

Post Number: 130
I heard Vesna is a good battery but i never tried it....I use Exide Maxima 900 for SPL comp and it works fine. what u think?

Silver Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 111
thanks for everything im deff. gonna upgrade to the HO alt. but i still really dont understadn the difference in batterys and wich one i should get, i know alot of people runnin the yellow top but i know more n more people runnin red tops plz clearify for me

Username: Gibson5469

Post Number: 1
Red top is what is really connected to your starter and is used for starting the car. The yellow top is on an isolater so it still gets charged but is only used to power your car accessories, not start the car.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us