Newbie needs an amp...

Username: A76marine

Kalamazoo, MI USA

Post Number: 1
Hey all. I have been searching and browsing your boards all night looking for a quick answer to my amp needs, but to no avail so I thought I would try a post.

I am looking for an amp in the $100 range to power 2 MTX T6124A 12" subs. I am more concerned with personal listening quality vs. killing the guy in the car next to me.

My question is what line of amps should I look at? Should I look for a mono amp as most of your threads suggest?

The amps I am looking at right now are the Bazooka ELA500.1 (mono), the PYLE PLA2280 (2 ch.) and the MTX THUNDER 311D (mono). Any no-nos I should look out for?

One bonus is I work for circuit city so the Bazooka would be on discount, unfortunately we don't carry the MTX 311D anymore though.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys offer. Love the way you guys answer the same questions over and over for everyone. Helps a lot.

~~Tom

Bronze Member
Username: Steveo

?????, CA USA

Post Number: 16
The old-school Crossfire CFA 404s amp (white in color) 4X100Watt will run the MTX 12s. In addition, it is versatile and will give decent power to the 12s and a set of 100Watt components.

I personally had this amp running two JL Audio10WO and a set of JL 6.5 XR components and it sounded great. Furthermore, I beat that amp senseless for four-years and it was the most reliable piece of electronics I owned - great amp for the $$$.

The subs, while underpowered slightly, but they hit hard enough for people to hear me a block away. If you must get the make-you-deaf bass, go ahead and just run the 12s without the components i.e. 200Watts to each 12 that will make the mirrors DANCE.

You can find these amps on ebay every now and again. Be patient and you can find a good one.

Crossfire has always built good powerful amps. I recommend crossfire, JL Audio, CDT, Kicker, and Alpine (decks) personally.

Peace -- Old Skoo SteveO

Selling on ebay NOW $48.00!

Selling on ebay NOW $48.00!

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 177
Steve, have you checked prices on the board yet, there might be something in there for you.

Anonymous

Browse Here: http://www.ikesound.com They have very good prices

Bronze Member
Username: Bozack

Virginia USA

Post Number: 23
Tom if you are interested I do have a MA M1883IX 800Watt Mono block that I have posted on here for $120 that will sell to you for $100. It is brand new never out of the box & would be more than enough power for your needs. Check the selling price on this amp & then let me know / I can take pic's & email them to you / let me know if you have any ?'s

Thanks

Mike
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us