Powering a 1500 watt rms amp

Username: Usask8er1

Appleton, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 2
Im using 4 guage and a 20 farad capacitor. My goal is to be able to have my car parked for long periods of time without worring about my batteries i saw this thing on ebay called a "soundstrem power plant digital fuse block" i am stil very new to systems wil this help with the amp power and can anyone recomend anything else. My goal is to just get the full potential of the products i have.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 515
For one thing, I would be running 0 gauge wire to a 1500W amp.
If what you're referring to is running your system for long periods of time without the car ON, then you're going to need some Optima yellow or red top batteries.

Bronze Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 26
digital fuse block is just a fuse block that has a display for the current volts of your battery. Similar to what many capacitors have built in. :-)

Seth

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 174
Storytime!! lol, I was at the audio shop where I had just got my new Pioneer premier 470 CD player installed. (I also have an Alpine MRP-350 amp and 2 12" subwoofers). I thought I had turned the car on to test it all out... I didn't. Went to turn the car on and it wouldn't start. My car has an 85amp alternator and a POS factory battery.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us