Question wiring 2 amps to 2 subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 16
ok I have 2 600 watt amps (same exact amps) hooking to 2 subs. Would it be safe to have 1 amp actually wired to the battery and remoted to a fuse and grounded and have the other amp just wired straight from the other amp. To be more specfic can I just run a short wire from the terminals from the actual hardwired amp. Run a short power wire from the power to power; remote to remote; ground to ground. Or would that actually cause problems.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 17
Actually I have another question here. The subs I will be hooking to the amps are dual voice coil subs. It has 4 different places on a single sub to where you can hook positive and negative(4 positive, 4 negative). How would I completely wire this combination? Wires to subs to the amp the whole 9 yards.

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 167
Patrick, look at the leads that run from the four speaker input terminals, two will go to the same coil, and the other two will do the same. Now, attach only to one speaker input per coil. As for how to hook up the sub to the amps, What are the coil ohm impendence, are they 2,3,4, or 8 coils? Is your amp stable to what load bridged and stereo? As far as the wiring of the amps, Run one heavy gauge wire (0,00) from the battery to the back, with circuit breaker wired inline, and attach to a power distribution block. Now the block will split to two power wires, one for each amp. I would not hook it up the way you had in mind, use the block.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
Good deal TBone that help out a whole lot. When I get my car back I will give that a try. The ohm of the subs is 4 but if I wire them the way you mention then I think the ohm load goes to 2 ohms. So basically I should just run a power distribution block to power of both amps. Ok I got it for the power hook up on the amp. How would I remote both the amps so they don't stay on?

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 181
Run the remote turn on wire from the radio to the amp, and hook it to the remote wire on the amp, usually blue on both.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us