Rockford power series amps

help please
Unregistered guest
ok i just got a rockford fosgate t5002 amp...it puts out 250 rms x 2 @ 1 ohm...on the certificate that came with the amp it says it put out 983 watts rms @ 1 ohm...does that mean stereo or mono...any help is greatly appriciated...

help please
Unregistered guest
o and the sub im hookin it up to is a 15" adire audio brahma...dual 2 ohm sub...could anybody help me and tell me the best way to hook it up and get the most output...the reason im not usin a huge amp is because its in a big ported box...thanks...

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 300
that would be at two ohms, as it is not stable at 1ohm bridged. rf has always been extremely underated, but by 400 watts? wow.
you have to bridge it at 4ohms to get the most out of it. i personally would have gone with something more powerful, but you should still get 6-700 watts out of that amp if it is underated consistantly throughout different impedences.

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/#1dvcs

help please
Unregistered guest
well the certificate that came with the amp reads exactly this...

226 RMS Watts per channel @ 4 ohms < 1% THD+N

723 Total RMS Watts @ 2 ohms <1% THD+N (all channels combined)

983 Total RMS Watts @ 1 ohm <1% THD+N

(another guy i saw had the same amp and his was 1080 watts...so i guess its not abnormal or something...)

From what i read on the adire site a few months ago they recomended like a 600-900 watt amp for the enclosure i have...so its alright i think... and the guy who i bought the amp from thought the same...so i think it'l be plenty of power...

help please
Unregistered guest
and yes the certificate says the right amp...and the exact serial number thats on the back of the amp...

Bronze Member
Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 48
Just so you know...if the amp is rated for under 1000 watts...that means (continuous power) your only throwing under 500 watts to an adire brahma. You should look into another amp if you can. It's almost like your wasting its potential. One of the voice coils alone could take that power.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
what size is your enclosure? ported/sealed?

help please
Unregistered guest
yea...i think im gona go and take the amp back now...i have thought about it all day...i know the guy who works at the shop and ill exchange it...what are yur suggestions...i think i want to stay with the rockford power amp series...he has a mono block that puts out 1000rms @ 1 ohm...should i take that instead...and if the amp is underated it should put out around 1200rms roughly...so is that enough for the brahma???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
i'd go with the rockford t20001bd amplifier...It'll put out the 1000+ watts rms at 1 ohm (2000 max)...the actual power will be more like 2200 on the birth sheet. rockford power series is no joke. It will slam. adjustable bass boost is nice touch to legendary power series. Rockford power series is noted for their highest watt/size ratio. If you have the cash. Go with that amp. Look on ebay for cheaper if you can't afford to buy it from a shop.

help please
Unregistered guest
i looked at the specs on that amp...and that thing puts out 2000 rms...i really don't think im gona need that much power...did u mean for me to look at the 1000 rms one...the t10001bd puts out 1000 rms @ 1 ohm...and probly a little extra...maybe lookin more towards 1200-1300 rms...i think that is plenty of power for a single brahma...and its more in my price range...the 2000 watt model is over 750 bucks on ebay...im lookin to stay under 500 or just about 500...thanks for all yur suggestions...im goin with the t10001bd amp...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 68
its not 2000 rms...its 1000 rms...2000 max....internet specs kind of make things unclear

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
anyways good luck with the t10001bd
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us