Help for Dual battery setup with no Isolator

Username: Redrazor

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 6
If I setup my Dual battery system as shown at the bottom of this page...

http://www.bcae1.com/battiso.htm

Then the total current that is used by the distribution block will be half from the front and half from the rear battery correct? Example the block draws 90 amps of current then 45 would come from front and rear.

Here are the reasons I want to do this.

1.At most I'll only be able to run a 4g wire from my main battery, thru my firewall, to the trunk of my car. I've looked and looked and looked and that's the best I can get without taking quite a few obstacles out of the way.

2.I'm thinking of adding a second connection to the rear battery to use for some fans and neon lighting etc.. with a relay as shown on the bcae1 site. having the battery in the back would make this a much shorter connection and easier to setup.

3.I've seen that isolators and all of the other devices of its sort are really just to make sure you don't kill both of your batteries if you run your system for a long time without your alternator running. I almost never run my car stereo without having the car running.

I am also planning on upgrading my current alternator so that it would be able to handle the current draw of my audio system and all of my cars electrical devices so I'm not in the mindset of thinking that two batteries will make up for the extra current draw in the long haul.

Please any help would be appreciated

Infinity_Addict
Unregistered guest
the only prob i could see is that eventually your rear battery will eventually drain. then what?

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 7
so in this configuration the rear battery is not getting any charge from the alternator?

Fort Walton Beach, Fl

Post Number: 8
I know actual current flow is neg to pos so then I guess I would have to run another wire from the the rear battery to the alternator?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us