Need help with choosing an amp

Username: Jkramley

USA

Post Number: 1
Recently I bought a Rockford 15" subwoofer but I have no idea what kind of amp I need. It has 150 watt rms 300 watt peak at 4 ohms (not sure what this means). Also, what else do I need to buy besides an amp? I would appreciate it if anyone could help me out with this.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2243
4 ohm dvc, or svc, and are you talking about amp wiring kits?

USA

Post Number: 2
Im not sure if its dvc or svc. Whats the difference between the two? Yeah i dont know what kind of wiring kit i need to buy

Bronze Member
Username: Scubasteve

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 24
DVC is dual voice coil and SVC is single voice coil. If you had the specific model number this could be checked. Or also, you can just look at the sub and see if there are a total of 2 or 4 places to connect wires to the sub.

USA

Post Number: 3
I bought the sub used, so im not sure what the model # is, but there are two places to connect wires to the sub.

USA

Post Number: 4
Ok, i found a pretty good deal on an amp so could anyone tell me if it would work with my subwoofer? AMP: 1000w (Jensen), SUBWOOFER:1 15" 150 watt rms 300 watt peak at 4 ohm (Rockford)

Bronze Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 37
when you say "2 places" do you mean 2 sets of connections or 2 individual connections next to each other?

USA

Post Number: 5
2 individual connections next to each other

Bronze Member

Annapolis, MD

Post Number: 41
ok justin, you have a single voice coil sub. Basically any class D mono amp will be good. And you will need a wiring kit. You could get away with an 8 guage kit, but i'd stick with a 4 AWG anyway.

http://www.lightningaudio.com/2004/products/product.asp?prodID=577

something like this is a good choice IMO.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us