Worth it to get Alpine MRD-M301 Repaired?

Bronze Member
Username: Shocksyde

Post Number: 22
This thing just isn't producing a signal to the subs, and I can't figure it out.

I'm thinking about bringing it to a repair shop, but the guy said the "Look At" fee is $40 dollars alone. The $40 goes towards the repair though.

I'm 90% sure it's the amp that's the problem. It's possible it could be the head unit pre-amp outputs, but i hooked my ipod up to the amp and still got no sound (i realize the output on an ipod is low, but it still should have produced some faint noise at least). I also got a second RCA cable to make sure it wasnt the RCA's and the second cable didnt work either.

Also, i hooked a house speaker that can handle up to 150 watts to the amp and had the gain/level down real low and got no sound, even with the gain and level turned up.

So I'm assuming this means my amp is toasty. It still powers on fine by the way. Gets 12 volts from both the power wire and the remote wire to turn it on.

Should I get it fixed or just throw the damn thing away?

If anyone has an idea of what might be wrong, IM me on AIM at "shocksyde" thanks

Username: Tmaxxtim

Post Number: 1
Unless you are going to upgrade, the repair cost would probably be less than a new one so you might as well just get it repaired.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us