Fix or Replace?

Username: Adam

Post Number: 4
Kicker kx400.1 fix or replace? Is it worth finding a place to fix it and doing that or just replace it and be done?

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 163
Well you could get a brand new one off Ebay pretty cheap and the normal audio shop will fix it for around 80 Bucks I would change amp brands all together Kicker's power ratings arent all that plus they break alot plus I think they look like sh1t as far as style goes.

Username: Bozack

Virginia USA

Post Number: 3
Adam let me know when you want to replace the cooked Kicker & I'll hook you up w/ a new amp cheap.
Thanks
Mike

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 240
i would fix it, hydro doesnt know what hes talking about and MMcCay wants to sell an amp..

fix the kicker amp, kicker amps are very good and if its in your trunk, who cares what it looks like? i think they look sweet btw and ive owned 3 kicker amps before and they are underrated by anywhere from 3%-11% from what i've tested them by

its worth it to get it fixed

Silver Member

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 167
BAcon have you ever actually bought a real amp I mean yea Kicker is descent but it doesnt even come close to Higher End Brands so why waste your money on something you are gonna replace anyways if your smart go with a high end Amp(Xtant,US Amps,Arc Audio,Zapco,JL Audio,Directed,Orion)and you wont have to be on this forum asking questions about getting your Kicker amp fixed.Another thing Bacon if all you ever buy is Kicker shut the hell up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 253
um lol sorry i dont have $5000 burning a hole in my pocket to buy a zapco amp, and another $1000 for a JL amp or Xtant amp so i suffice with good brands like kicker, MTX, JBL and one more thing hydro, high end amps can have a mechanical failure too, and wouldnt you rather get it fixed than buy a new 1000/1?

thats what i thought bizatch

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
as far as "real amps" go, im getting a 1000/1 and 13w7 for my 18th bday so :-P

Silver Member

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 168
5000 bucks for a Zapco amp is just ridiculous you can get one brand new for under 1000 off ebay as far as the higher end amps havin mechanical failure goes its very rare and even if they do have a problem theres a thing called a 3 year warranty.Your 1000/1 will be a nice addition though.

Bronze Member
Username: Spittin2rock

Post Number: 18
Kicker makes decent amps but they tend to malfuntion pretty early. Get a Jenson or a memphis amp, they have really good power ratings and also last. Most recommended amp would be a memphis 1000d. That puts out a 1000 watts RMS.

Username: Bozack

Virginia USA

Post Number: 6
its_ I just want to say to you : If someone asks a ? on here & I come back letting them know "IF THEY" are interested in a new item I can get them a great price. That has NOTHING to do w/ YOU unless I asked you that ?!!! I came on this site to help out w/ prices because I get things at a much lower price than most & am willing to save EVERYONE some money if interested. So me wanting to sell an amp goes much further than just me selling.

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 168
Take it to a audio/video repair, see how much it will cost to fix, and then make your decision.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us