Is the sub blown? plz help

Unregistered guest
I have a sony p5 amp about 400w x 1 to an older kicker comp which is about 300w rms. Today during my lunch break As i was driving down the road, my sub suddenly stopped hitting. When i got back to work i checked amp, and it still had power and the fuses were good. I checked the wires to the amp and then from the amp to the box, and from the back of the box to the back of the sub. I didnt hear any cracking and didnt smell anything but the amp has power and the wiring is good so why would it stop playing all of the sudden if it wasnt blown? Thanks in advance for you help.

Anonymous

did you have it wired correctly?

Unregistered guest
I am pretty sure it was. Bridged the amp to the sub. One terminal in one postive, and the other on the negative of the other output. I dont know if there is more to it but it worked for over a week before it quit working.

Bronze Member
Username: Dualgoldix

Pasadena, MD U.S.

Post Number: 18
what kind of headunit u got?

Unregistered guest
Panasonic CQ-3801U headunit, Also i hooked up another sub and it worked fine so i know its the sub, but not sure if it is blown or what?

Bronze Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Scottsdale, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 66
I'm having the same problem with my IDMAX10v.3D2... except mine still hits - but, it clicks each time the bass hits. What is it? It was working fine, till just recently.
(sorry to interupt you Dman 7_9)
However, to help answer your question:
did you check the tinsel leads? They could be ripped. It happened to my Power Acoustic FUBR. From what I understand, it was because of the heat produced from my distortion going into the sub? Did you adjust the amp's gain/level input knob yourself? I did... that was the problem.
Hope this helps! Unfortunately, if it is a tinsel lead tear... its irrepairable.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us