Alphasonik Amp Wiring

Username: Imonashrubba

Post Number: 1
I pulled out a barely used Alphasonik GP-2035 amp that I had in a box and I want to hook it up to a sub. But I don't have the wiring diagram and their website is no help. Is it right(+) and Left(-) for mono? Please help!

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 151
yeah, left negative (-) right postive (+) for bridging the two channels into one.

Username: Imonashrubba

Post Number: 2
Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Orlando, Florida

Post Number: 165
You cant bridge a mono channel amp for one and that is just one channel on that amp Right(+)and left(-)

Username: Liljt18

Kansas city, Kansas USA

Post Number: 6
In my car amp book it says to drill a hole in the cars chassis what does that mean

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 242
what are you talking about, for the power cable?

Kansas city, Kansas USA

Post Number: 7
i think so it says drill a hole in the car's chassis for the ground wire

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 161
I think any chassis ground will do, most times the seats are bolted thru the chassis, it might be easiest to just take up a seat bolt, and then attach your ground, and then bolt the seat back down.

Kansas city, Kansas USA

Post Number: 8
oki so after i bolt down the seat then i run my power wire to the + battery terminal. but ther is a probloem i do not have a fuse but i clamped a terminal on the end of my wire will that work

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 169
No, go buy an inline fuse, that way if something electrical happens you will not fry your amp (hopefully). They are cheap.

Kansas city, Kansas USA

Post Number: 9
by hooking the amp up to my battery wont that make it go dead or can it recharge its self

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 178
No, that is why you have to hook the remote wire (Blue) up on the amp. Run the remote wire on the amp up to the radio and hook it up to the remote wire on the radio. When hooked up this way, your amplifier only runs when the radio is on, not all the time.

Kansas city, Kansas USA

Post Number: 10
oh i guess i never thought of it that way

Username: Bunzjunior

MV, NY

Post Number: 1
I have a Sony HU w/ 2 pre-outs. I have an infinity basslink powered sub(200w), a xplod 4ch 600w for the interiors. I have 4 ga powering the basslink already, I want to add the amp. This is my plan was to go 4ga to 1F cap, to dist. Block with 2 8ga out to basslink and xplod. I need to know the best way to connect the rcas. The basslink nor the xplod have preouts. I could use a X-over? how would I power it? Help Please

Username: Mike

Post Number: 4
ok here is how i did it one time. I cut the remote wire and spliced it I put the spliced end in one amp and the other in the other amp. all i had was one pre out on my HU. so i bought rca splitters i put the + in each + on both amps and the - on each - on both amps. i bought a power wire splitter and ran them to each of the amp. and for ground i i just used seat bolts to the chasis.

Username: Bunzjunior

MV, NY

Post Number: 2
So you split the remote wire, that sounds good. but now I want to know about the rcas. I didn't want to split them with just regular splitters. I read that i should use an electric crossover.

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 196
Richard, first off I would use an inexpensive crossover installed before the basslink and the amplifier. Make sure you get a two way. Next run the biggest power cable you have from the front of the car to your amplifiers. Next install a distribution block on it to split to two power wires, run to each amp, and the x-over. Ground each amp, and x-over. Split off of the remote wire to both amps and X-over. Attach RCA's into x-over. Run RCA's from rear output/lowpass to basslink. Run RCA's from front output/highpass to the amp. Now your ready to set the gains for your car.

Silver Member

OK United States

Post Number: 197
Oh yeah, about the cap. Install it inline between the distribution block and your basslink (power), I don't think your other amp will need one as it is running highs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us