What impedence should i run for 2 type R subs?

Bronze Member
Username: Zagross

Post Number: 12
alright i have 2 alpine Type R 12" subs, they are duul 4ohm voice coils, so i will make each of them 2 ohm subs by bridging the 2 coils in parallel.

now i have 2 subs @ 2 ohms each, i have a 1500D hifonics brutus amp, i can run the amp @ 1 ohm if i hook the subs in parallel right? just making sure, since its my first install.

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 123
yes if you do that you will be fine/ Tell me how it sounds cuz i have 2 type r's and just baught a new amp but am still open for options.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 269
Watch the gain when you do that. If I am not mistaken, that amp does 1500wrms @ 1 ohm. Both of those subs together are 1000wrms if they are the '05 versions.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
what should i put the gain at? i have no idea what gain is, is it like bass boost from the amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
i got a deck with a 2.2V out and my 2 subs are type rs in parallel, and my amp is 1500D hifonics, what should my gain be around? i have no idea.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 223
thats a perfect power for those subs (if '05). my repeated rule of thumb is rms+50%. so 1000watts plus 1/2=1500. like isaac said, set your gains.

(simplified) gain setting

turn gain all the way down on your amp.
set the HU to neutral
turn the HU up 75% or just before it starts to distort
turn the amp gain up till it starts to distort or reproduce unclean bass, then turn it down until it is clean.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us