12w7 and what amp to use

Username: Dz43893

Chicago, Illinois United states

Post Number: 5
here again with the topic of which amp to use for the 12w7. i know it runs at 750 rms and i can either underpower it with the 500/1 or over power with the 1000/1. 1000/1 lot of money so would the 500/1 get the job done. i am looking for sound quality which is why i picked up JL but is i also want it to be loud. will the 500/1 cover all this

Infinity_Addict
Unregistered guest
maybe you should look for an amp that puts out 750. whatever you do, do NOT over power it, thats how subs get destroyed

Post Number: 7
i know but im looking for sound quality as much as i want loudness and the guys at music in motion tell me that i can get an amp that will push the sub but it wont sound as good

Bronze Member
Username: Bananakrill

Benicia, California

Post Number: 63
I had 2 jl 10w3s hooked up to a jl1000/1 and they didn't blow. I don't think too much power will hurt if you don't over do it. Just make sure the gain matches the output voltage of the deck.

Infinity_Addict
Unregistered guest
k, i just looked around at jl audio's site. have you d/l-ed the manny for the sub? it reccommends the 1000/1, AND shows you exactly how to set it up using that amp. noice!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
how many decibels will the 12w7 and the 500/1 get u

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 733
depends on the car, box, install, and alot of other things. But the diffrence between the 500/1 and the 1000/1 would only be 3db at peak.

Yes both amps will work with the 12W7, and if ran properly neither will cause problems. As for under powering, or over powering, its safe to do both, as long as you set and run everything properly.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
would u go with a ported or vented box. they say vented for sound quality and ported for loudness. well since im already gettin the cleanest sounden stuff how bad could it sound in a ported box. because after gettin sound quality its time to work on it pounding

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 735
???? vented and ported are the same thing. I think you mean sealed and ported. I perfer sealed with the 12W7. Thats how mine is set up, and it sounds great. A well maid ported box sounds great, and will be a little bit louder. So its really up to you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
so do u think the system lives up to the hype(12w7 500/1) or should i get more for my dollar with somethin elts
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us