Question about JL e Amp

Username: Riceboy54

Post Number: 4
Hey guys, I have a JL e1200 setup in my car paired up with a 12w3 in a seale box with an Alpine 9830 along with Infinity Perfects. With the volume turned down (say 12-15) I can only hear a little bit of bass but once I turn it up more (18-20) I can hear it alot. Im trying to figure out a way to get more bass and so far I think I have two solutions...

My question is, if I turn ON the "MX" fuction on the Alpine HU it DOES produce more bass but is it bad to do so?

Or...I can turn on the bass boost on the amp (+6db), but in that case should I adjust the gain on the amp or can I just turn down the "Sub" level on the HU?

Thanks alot for the help!!

Post Number: 5
bump ^ help please.

Silver Member
Username: Langless28

Post Number: 246
i have the 9831 the mx is simply the loudness button. like on most other head units. second i dont know the "e" series amps but if its anything like the slash series, try setting your gain with the volume 3/4 the way up, that way it will be louder at lower volumes with moderate distortion with the volume all the way up. i use mx all the time on my hu. i dont think it hurts it but i also listen to my system at clean levels. a hole lot of stuff u can do to adjust the sub. thiers the eq, sub level, amp gain, mx, and the bass boost. try fiddling around.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 183
Any type of loud or mx or BBE will start to clip your deck at a much lower volume.

Post Number: 6
ok, so if I turn the Bass Boost all the way and its still not enough bass at low volumes then I should use MX or use Bass Boost? (should I also adjust the gain with MX or Bass Boost on?)

Post Number: 7
ok, so if I turn the Gain all the way and its still not enough bass at low volumes then I should use MX or use Bass Boost? (should I also adjust the gain with MX or Bass Boost on?)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us