Amp keeps cutting off.Please help....

Nick12345
Unregistered guest
I hope someone can help me.Dont know alot about car audio. I have 2x4"100w.They run of the radio then have pioneer6"x9"220w they running off there own amp.Then bought a pioneer 1000W(400W rms) sub and it is connected to a Starsound 1200W 2 channel amp. The amp gives 150Wrms x2 at 4 ohm and 230Wrms x2 2 ohm. The sub can be connected at either 2 ohm or 8ohm.

*******Ok heres my problem******* If I connected it at 8 ohm it runs fine and does not go off but does not sound very good. As soon as I connect it at 2 ohm it sounds great but if u putt the volume up and there is alot of base it simply just stops playing. The weird thing is that my other amp gets its power from this amp and that amp and the 6x9's keep on playing. As soon as u drop the volume the sub starts playing again.

Can someone please help me...
Thanks alot!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3311
Your sub amp is either, not 2ohms stable and/or the gain/level on the amp is not set correctly. Check your amp's manual for setting it properly.
You might also want to check your HU's manual for preout voltage. Most common ones are 4v.

Nick123456
Unregistered guest
The sub says that it supports 2/4 ohms. The gain is set on half. Is there a way that I can connect the sub at 4 ohms?

Username: Fandim

Post Number: 1
Are you bridging it at 2 ohms? 2 channel amps are not stable when bridged at 2 ohms..

Nick123456
Unregistered guest
Jip Bridged it at 2 ohms.Anything I can do to get the right amount of performance out of my sub?

Nick123456
Unregistered guest
Jip Bridged it at 2 ohms.Anything I can do to get the right amount of performance out of my sub??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us