Rims and tires

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 174
I know this doesnt fit in car audio, but its a car accessory so, im wondering what are those tires that are real thin looking, I have 15" rims on now and a normal tire and they dont look too good, im thinking about going with a bigger rim and a thinner tire, not thinner width those performance tires, can anyone who knows anything on the subject help me out?

thanks in advance

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3306
Matthew, those are racing tires. It's not just matter of getting bigger rims. You need to find one that will fit your car.
If you've never had them before, then it'll be a big change. You see, those tires are thin but wide in width. You will get much better performance in cornering and traction during summer, but they are like duck out of water in the rain and snow. They will also give you hard/stiff ride.
3 things to keep in mind when shopping, the rim has to fit your car, speed of tires, and width.

Bronze Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 69
You're looking for a low profile tire. If you go to any tire store and give them the specs (size, width, ext) of your wheel or just tell them what kind it is I'm sure they can help you out. All of the tires aren't bad in snow, rain, ect, just get ones that are rated for that, if you do that you'll probably get better traction in rain, or whatever you're driving in than stock tires.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us