No rca jacks

Username: Mythicriot

Post Number: 2
I have a 2000 explorer with the mach system. I'm trying to wire a dual sub box and after market amp. I've fresh wired everything in the explorer. I still have the factory hu and as everyone knows it has no audio connectors. I bought the converter that will fix that. Problem is I don't know where to hook the converter up to. Should I do it in the back of the hu? Should I do it from the wiring harness that comes out of the b ack of the old factory amp in the back? I don't know what wires to splice into to get it to work. Anyone have detailed instructions on the wires to splice and the process? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
mythicriot is online now Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Anonymous

since you're hooking up your amp in the hatch area you can splice into one of the rear speakers. pending which side you have your rca jacks on the amp, use the closest speaker. you want to splice into the pos & neg on the speaker. obviously, send one pos and one neg to in-line converter, and one pos and one neg back to the speaker. you now have your signal to the inline converter, from there just plug in your rca's. hopefully there is a crossover in your amp so that you send lows out of the subs.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us