Need some help... Anyone?

Bronze Member
Username: Bonedigger

Tyler, TX USA

Post Number: 11
I presently have a little MTX RT202 amp hooked up to two 6.5 Infinities. Here is a link to the amp and it's power ratings, etc.

http://www.mtx.com/caraudio/products/amplifiers/roadThunder202.cfm

I would like to run 4 speakers (all 6.5") off of this amp. I'm not looking for anything that'll rattle tyhe doors, just good clear music. Would this amp handle four speakers? What would be the best way to do this, parallel or in series? The second set of speakers are cheap Jenson 6.5 speakers.

Any input?

Todd

Young James
Unregistered guest
I have the same amp, except i have it bridged to 1 12inch sub. This amp can put out some serious power (test results with mine says that mine is putting out 216RMS X 1) so I shouldn't see any problem with running 2 more cheap jensons. However, I'm not that bright when it comes to wiring, but there is a link on the MTX website that offers free Live Help. I would check there and make sure first before you try anything to drastic.

Thanks!

Young James
Unregistered guest
I have the same amp, except i have it bridged to 1 12inch sub. This amp can put out some serious power (test results with mine says that mine is putting out 216RMS X 1) so I shouldn't see any problem with running 2 more cheap jensons. However, I'm not that bright when it comes to wiring, but there is a link on the MTX website that offers free Live Help. I would check there and make sure first before you try anything to drastic.

Thanks!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us