Cheap Question

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 105
Are Audiobahn amps any good? Never owned one, never plan too, but they seem to be popular. Me, I run Eclipse... Never liked the cheap companies.

Case
Unregistered guest
Well I give you a tip. The cheaper something si, worser quality, saving on material, less lifetime = less fun for you....
Audiobahn is pretty good.
But I personaly before i spend that amoun of money for audiobahn i would get me something 'cheaper' and better ;) if ya understand how i mean.

Bronze Member
Username: Pikesh

Post Number: 16
well u can define Cheaper in many ways... lol cheap can be a nice ALpine for less or a a cheap 60$ sony xlod which sounds sh*t soo get something nice a decent sub or amp for less but not like less as in 60$ sony stuff or visonik stuff.. audiobahn is loud Sh*t lol also... JL audio or dd is also a nice one to look at...

Silver Member

Post Number: 123
Just a question. I have no intent on buying any of that sh!t. I used to run cheap stuff, and got tired of always selling and trading to make it louder. So now I have two Eclipse SW9122's. No more trying to make it louder :P.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 205
Just because something is more expensive doesn't mean it is good quality. Take the new Rockford stuff for example. They are expensive if you buy retail and their stuff sucks and breaks down easy. So it is not necisarily true.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4283
isaac, i belive that is last years models, the 2005s are supposed to be phenomenal, and the the late 90's and early 00's were a bit ovverrateed, but lets be serioyus here, rockford even though wsas considered crap, was beinhg called that because peoople were used to its expetionally high standards but they went in a slump, but they never sunk as low as audiobahn

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 206
Yeah, they don't suck as bad as audiobahn, but look at audiobahns prices. That's what I am talking about. Audiobahn is low quality, and for that they are very low priced. Rockford's quality is not that great and they don't have that great of build quality and look at how much they still want for them. That is the point i am trying to make.

And I am sorry I have to say this but this is the truth.... Any company that sells out and goes whoring themselves to large retail chains like Best Buy are gonna go down a notch in the quality department. And anyone that is serious about car audio is not going to buy something from Best Buy. That's why I am not a fan of Rockford now. And I starting to get concerned about Alpine, because they went and did the same thing with Best Buy. I just hope they maintain their dignity as a decent car audio company.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4296
what about kicker, they got a contract with cc and thats going to ruin them? not neccessarily, they were already ruined by there l5's and l7's, its not that there subs are going down or anything its just they are starting to do mass production and its ruining there stuff, but this year rockford made it up and really underrated there amps, lke the t1001bd is really 1450 watts rms

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 207
Even if RF is starting to have underrated models now and they are trying to come back in the game as a decent company, I think they lost a lot of the respect they once had. Don't get me wrong, I have some older RF 12" subs and they are great. But I would never buy their new stuff ever again. There are too many other BETTER companies I can buy for the same ammount of money.

Username: Sublover

Lacrosse, MN U.S

Post Number: 3
I think isaac's right I've already been hearing rumors that the 2005 models of the type r arent as good as previous years, I'm not sure if those are true but personally I think they did make a mistake going to best buy. But I guess there not gunna let best buy carry the type x wich is probably the best decision.

Silver Member

Post Number: 149
My friend has two 10" type-r's from 2003, and they hit harder than another friends 2005's. Thought I put that in the convo...

STARBK
Unregistered guest
I HAVE AN ALPHASONIK 12in 800 SERIES SUB RATED AT 900 RMS AND 1600WATTS IM LOOKIN AT THREE AMPS EITHER THE ALPHASONIK PMA2500A WHICH IS 1600WATTS YHE RFP6002 WHICH IS 1800WATTS AND THE HIHONICS BBUTUS WHICH IS 1800 WATTS WHAT DO U GUYS THINK?

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 132
i have the new type r's 12" and they definatly hit harder than the old ones when given full power.

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 517
It's all about DHD people lol. Yea, you know they are the same company as Volfenhag. I will swear by them both for life. I've heard American Bass has quite the loudness, in fact their 18" sub alone nearly hits 175dB. But we all know that it means nothing when car audio is tested 1 meter away. My home stereo hits 135dB from 6 meters away, so you gotta give in a little. But yea, I've heard they are loud and good.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us