Not pumpin like it should...

Username: Mvsmith

Post Number: 1
hey i have 2 12" kenwood typhoon edition subs that rub 400 watts rms and 800 watts max ... the first amp i had to pus the was a RF punch 2 channel 500 watt amp ... i recently bought a kenwood kac7202 1000 wat 2 channel amp ... but it seems when i hooked it up its not pushing my subs like the smaller amp did ... could you help ..

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3275
Mandy, Kenwood doesn't make great amps. Their power numbers are not as accurate either. They follow the same foot steps as Sony and Pyramid.
If you can return the amp, do it.
As for your bass, if the amp has crossover built in, HPF/LPF, use it. It'll help somewhat.
Did you set the gain/level correctly on the amp?

Username: Mvsmith

Post Number: 3
well i found that the controls for lpf and hpf and gain etc .. happen to be hidden tunderneath the front panel of the amp .... as for returning it im not sure if i can but i would like to.... if i can what would be a recommendation for an amp that would power my 2 12 inch subs .... i paid 345$ canadian ... so that would be what i would have to spend. thanks by the way. and also ... im kind of new at this car audio thing as you can see.. because i was under the influence that kenwoods amps might have been good ... i was thinking maybe a RF amp or somthing .. they sell them at my local future shop... last question ... if it turns out i cant return then amp then what would be a good setting for lpf and hpf ..... i have a kenwood head unit(kdc-mp428) ... 2 kenwood subs(kfc-w3009) and a kenwood amp(kac-7252)

Bronze Member
Username: Adelphia83

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 60
Audiobahn A8002T/A8000T is a good amp on a budget..

Silver Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 189
mtx801d....good amp heres a link too
http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTX801D
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us