Zapco R1000.4 or TRU T03-4.150??

Bronze Member
Username: Masse1369

Post Number: 40
I can get the zapco for 650 w/ 2 symblink cables and the tru i can get for 1250 (maybe add another 250 to upgrade the amp almost to the copper line) plus i would want to buy some nice cables, probably kimber kable because that is whats inside the amp on the SQ modified version, to go with it which would probably cost about another 300-400.

My question is will there be a significant difference in the SQ, enough to justify the extra 1200 bucks? I am kind of leaning towards the zapco from a price stand point.

Either amp i choose to get im going to have a dynaudio system 340 run off the front two channels (150 x 2) and an idmax12d4v3 off the back two channels (bridged at 500 x 1) Thank you in advance for the help.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 161
first, allow me to compliment you on your taste in equipment. obviously, zapco is a very highend manufacturer w/excellent amps. tru is also superb, but more exotic. its out (not necessarily up) there w/brax and helix. when determining which amps to purchase i tend to lean toward how clean the amp reproduces its signal, structural build and reliability. imo there is not going to be enough difference in any of those categories to justify 1200 extra bones. its kinda like the focal BE line ranging from 4000-5000.00. can't justify it, b/c they cant possibly sound 4 x better than my DLS. jmo though

Bronze Member
Username: Masse1369

Post Number: 41
thanks for the response, i think that you are right and i will most likely go with the zapco. i talked with john yi at tru and they do seem to be a great company. they also just had an independent experiment and tru won the competition. oh well, i think i will be more than happy with the zapco
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us